Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Domaine de l'eclos ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, posting again for France
I have sent 3 emails and haven't received a reply, tried the phone number and got the fax. Has any one else had any luck?
Thanks so much, I'm trying to stay near Gordes, if anyone has a great suggestion. Preferably with A/C
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.concierge.com/destination...sRomarins.xml/
I've heard good things about Les Romarins.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I tried them and they are booked already.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:57 AM

This gives different numbers for telephone and fax:

http://www.avignon-et-provence.com/domaine-enclos/
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:04 PM

here's another suggestion.

http://www.trav.com/wri/property.php...n5x69h4s9jgwce
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

TTT
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:26 PM

I think I tried to contact them for a stay a couple years ago and never got anywhere with them. I gave up because there were too many other options for me to fool around with them. I'll check my records, but I think they wouldn't respond to a FAX or email.

I will admit I did not try to personally call them by phone, but I prefer to deal with hotels now that respond to emails and have had no trouble with that in most places, even in Provence. I find it more convenient, more clear and correct in the details, and I like having the written record.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, I'll see. A lot of places down there are closed in winter up until beginning or mid-March, though. What happened when you tried the phone number (which is more than I did) -- no one answered?
What contacts are you using?
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 02:52 PM

Try La Ferme de la Huppe, just down the hill from Gordes. It's a converted farmhouse with very comfortable rooms, a pool, and an excellent restaurant.
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 02:58 PM

Like lots of other similar establishments, they're probably closed until the Tuesday after Easter.
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Christina, Underhill,and St. Cirq,
I called today and he told me he was waiting to receive some replies, and would let me know on Monday. I guess if they don't have an instant booking service, with the email process it takes a few days with the back and forth correspondence. It's understandable.
I think I tried Ferme de la huppe earlier, but will try again.
Thanks again EVERYONE for all your thoughtful replies. It will have made this trip so much more rewarding with all the personal info. I LOVE Fodors!
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:51 PM

So much for my suggestions~!!!
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Cigalechanta,
<<So much for my suggestions~!!!>>

I hope that you did not think that your suggestions weren't appreciated. I have very much appreciated ALL of your help. When I posted earlier I failed to scroll back past todays new entries. Last night I couldn't get the website you gave me to come up. If you scroll back, you'll notice that I had thanked you for your Les Romarins tip. Please accept my apologies.
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 06:00 PM

nancy, I always post what I feel but doesn't mean I'm annoyed. If I was I wouldn't post.
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM

I looked up my records (yes, I'm anal-retentive and keep records on my trips). However, you have heard from them so this could be moot.

I first contacted them by FAX on Feb. 22, 2001, thinking that was the best way. I described what kind of room I was looking for, and asked what rooms they had available for my dates in July 2001 and the tarifs and descriptions of rooms (all of this in pretty-good French).

They responded by FAX on Feb. 25, 2001 by simply FAXing me their reservation form with no other response at all, not even a "bonjour", and did not answer some specific questions I had. This wasn't much help as I had seen the exact same form online.

I sent them an email on March 5th at the email address listed on the form they sent ([email protected]) and said that I had received their FAX, but still had a few questions which were not answered (being very obsequious). Probably not important, but mainly I was asking about bed size as I had simply told them I wanted a double bed and they had responded by saying that a "queen size bed" (in English) was a "special request". I asked what that was all about, didn't they have any regular double beds (that is a paraphrase). Also, they never had answered my questions about deposit requirements, what they would accept and when they would charge my card (their form was unclear). They had written in English "deposit by credit card is deduct one week after the delay of cancelation" (sic).

I told them I was very interested in booking, but could they please answer these questions that I had. I followed-up on March 9th asking if they had received my March 5th email, as I had not heard from them.

They never responded, so I went elsewhere. All of this was in French, and I know I wrote it very clearly and correctly.
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina for your message....I have the feeling that well publicized places to stay have more business than they can handle and can therefore be very independent, and not bother with courtesies.
I will supposedly hear from them on Monday.