Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Do Luggage Lockers still exist in Spain?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Am taking a trip to Spain this summer and was wondering if luggage lockers still exist in train or bus stations (specifically in Cordoba)? I will be travelling by train from Seville to Cordoba for half a day and then travelling on to Granada that evening and need some place to stow my bags while checking out the sights.

All the information/postings I see regarding stowing luggage somewhere are from 2001-2003 and I am nervous they may have closed all the lockers due to terrorism concerns. I know in NYC we could not leave our bags anywhere and had to lug them around all day.

Thanks!
Dave
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 09:43 AM

A few big stations, including Barcelona and Valencia, still have left luggage services. This website has details of facilities at stations:
http://www.adif.es/en_US/infraestruc...ructuras.shtml
Back in the 1980s when I first went to Spain, there were no left luggage services at railway stations because of Basque terrorism, but some bus stations still did it, and there were private left luggage offices near stations in big cities such as Barcelona and Sevilla. Today, I think bus stations still have luggage lockers in some cities where the railway stations do not.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM

In Cordoba the train station no longer has luggage lockers. However the bus station (just across the street) has luggage lockers. When you enter the bus station make a right and they're on your right hand side before you get to the restrooms.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Just from experience i know that the bus stations in both Granada and Malaga also have luggage lockers. Not sure about the train stations.
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Any idea on how big the lockers are in the bus station--i.e. could they hold a standard roll-on bag like you'd take on a plane or just for small backpack-type bags?
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 07:34 AM

I've found most lockers will hold my large (26") suitcase - shouldn't be an issue.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 03:34 PM

just FYI Madrid's Atocha train station has big / medium / small luggage lockers that are cheap and convenient.

The Granada train station is small .. I was just there and I do not recall seeing locker facilities. You may have better luck at the bus station.