Diversity of Globus/Trafalgar tours?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very interested in taking my first trip to Europe using either Globus or Trafalgar Tour companies and since I'm a black female was really wondering about the diversity of those tours? I'm not overly concerned about being the only person of color in the group, but just thinking is their a good chance of others being on the tour?
Old May 30th, 2004, 09:22 PM

I would recommend Trafalgar over Globus - worth the extra for nicer itineraries, hotels, restaurants, etc.

Whether or not there are others of your color along on your particular tour would depend entirely upon whether or not any others happen to book the same tour.

You really are overly concerned, but you shouldn't be. Sadly, this seems to be more of a concern to you than it will be to anyone else. Assuming you're an ordinary and personable sort of individual, which you surely seem to be, no one will care or even notice.
Old May 31st, 2004, 03:55 AM

We went on a Trafalgar tour of Central Europe and there were four black Americans on our bus, there was a good mix of all sorts of people from many countries and that made it a more interesting trip for us. You will enjoy the experience, don't worry.
Old May 31st, 2004, 05:34 AM

I have a feeling your fellow travelers won't care one bit about your ethnicity,if you're a pleasant sort you'll be fine.
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:45 AM

If this is really of concern for you perhaps you might seek info from the various tour companies. I'm sure they collect all sort of info - including ethnicity - on their guests in order to maximize their marketing efforts.

From my personal experience I have taken only one tour - never ever again for me - and there was an African American couple in our group - about 25 - all Americans.
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your replies! It's not a big concern of mine, I was just a little curious. From reading this message board and others, Globus or Trafalgar seems like a great choice!
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:09 PM

I have done 6 or 7 tours the last being Traflagar, and no one gives a hoot what color you are, they just care if you are pleasent, nice, agreeable, not a complainer, and don't wear strong perfume, this goes for each and everyone on the tour, Buck