Disneyland Paris hotel and timing

May 8th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Disneyland Paris hotel and timing

We would like to take our children (aged 4 and 6) to Disneyland Paris. We are looking for suggestions on a good hotel nearby. Our budget is around 150-180 Euros per night. We like to have at least a refrigerator in our room. Cleanliness and good customer service are our hot buttons. We generally stay at properties similar to a Marriott or Renaissance in terms of 'luxury'. We want to go at the end of May / beginning of June if we can find availability at a decent hotel. Otherwise we will go at the end of August.

Also, how many days should we plan on being there? The only other thing we may do whilst we are in the area is Versailles.

May 8th, 2007, 08:28 AM

I can't really help you with the hotel. I stayed in Paris.

For two adults, two days was plenty. The 'studio's' portion was very lame IMHO. However, the park itself was beautiful and with two small kids I bet you can fill up three days.
May 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
llj

We took our children to Disneyland Paris a few years ago so things may have changed, but we found the park delightful. It is between the size of US Disneyland and Disney World. The rides are a little different and we thought the flavor of the park is much like a European fairy tale - very pretty. As far as a hotel, we stayed on Disney property at the cowboy/western themed hotel(can't think of the name). Not really French but for us a good value. The room was great because it comfortably slept 4 and had bunk beds. There was a laundry room on site (helpful after 2 weeks on the road but the dryers were very slow) and the buffet breakfast was basic but filling and fit the children's tastes(a huge mound of croissants, cereals, fruit, beverages, etc.) Free shuttle to the park and their Downtown Disney area. Enjoy your trip!
May 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Allow a full day to get to Versailles, see the Château and surrounding sights, and get back to Chessy.

Also - unless you plan very carefully, you will be going with the rush-hour flow in both directions, and the RER trains will be extremely crowded.

You will have to change lines in Paris. The A line serves Disneyland, whereas Versailles is on the C line. They don't cross in Paris, but come close at Gare de Lyon and Gare d'Austerlitz which are across the river from one another.

A good map of the situation is here: http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...secteur&fm=pdf
May 12th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much to all of you for your help. Unfortunately my husband is unable to take days off at the end of May so it looks like it will be early July or late August before we can go to Disneyland. I have noted your comments and saved your web link and will take all of this into account when we go. Thanks again.
May 12th, 2007, 02:26 PM
clz

We went last year and bought a package so we stayed onsite at the western themed hotel, which doesn't really sound like what you're looking for. It was comfortable but not luxury. No fridge (nor hair dryers... available at the concierge w/ a deposit). But the shuttle made it very convenient and the total price was cheap.

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon and left on Monday evening. Three full days would have been enough for the parks. (My kids were 4,3, and 1.)