Direct train from Gatwick to Kings Cross

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having trouble finding this train. When I go to the web site for the train that used to be Thames link, it shows connecting at Victoria to the tube. I am sure that there is a direct service. Their map shows one. Anyone know about this? I will appreciate the help!
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 04:19 AM

This service is now run by First Capital Connect. Use www.nationalrail.co.uk.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Found it! Thank you Patrick!
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 06:58 AM

You don't need schedules as these trains run every often - keep in mind the Kings X station is actually a few block walk from Kings Cross mainline station - was called Kings Cross Thameslink station maybe now called Kings Cross Capital One?? Soon there will be direct service on this line into Kings Cross/St Pancras station.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 07:21 AM

You most certainly do need a timetable. Frequency on this route - as well as journey time - varies substantially during the day, but never get any more frequent than every fifteen minutes, which is hardly metro-style density.

All Thameslink stations remain called Thameslink. The current Kings Cross Thameslink station will be replaced by a new station, provisionally called St Pancras Thameslink, in late 2007 or after.

This station will be located under St Pancras. It will certainly be easier to get to he Eurostar than it would be today - but it's by no means clear it'll be a great deal handier for Kings Cross, the tube or local residents.

And getting details of what's going to be happening between now and 2012 seems practically impossible. All, of course, will be perfection the day the Olympics start.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 07:25 AM

And like flanner said in another post, be sure you get on the direct train Gatwick to Kings X as there are trains that end up in Kings X and 'meandering around surrey for hours on a circuitous route' - paraphrasing flanner. Just look carefully at the overhead sign.

Part of my saying you don't need schedules is that there are up to 4 trains an hour going direct to Kings X and since these trains are notoriously late or could be scrubbed, just wait for the next train ("the train now approaching platform 2 is the delayed..." - it could be 10am and you may be catching the delayed 8:45am train, etc.