Dior exhibit? Changing of guard?

Jun 13th, 2019, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Dior exhibit? Changing of guard?

Mom/daughter just booked tickets to London from USA. Wondering if there is a chance we could get tickets to Dior exhibit sometime from 7/11-7/16, or early 7/17. How much are tickets?

Also wondering when changing of guard schedule will be posted for July. Checked last week, and it was not posted yet.

Also, posted question about maneuvering London airports on Air Travel page. Would be appreciative if someone could take a look. Thinking that page is not as active.
Jun 13th, 2019, 08:32 AM

A very quick google search, hope this helps!
Changing of the Guard schedule (includes July)
The Dior exhibit appears to be sold out; maybe call your hotel and see if they can finagle tickets for you?
Jun 13th, 2019, 08:43 AM

>>Mom/daughter just booked tickets to London from USA. Wondering if there is a chance we could get tickets to Dior exhibit sometime from 7/11-7/16, or early 7/17. <<

Not a prayer unless you queue outside for several hours before the museum opens in the AM for a slim chance to get one of the same day tix held back. However . . . IF you buy a memberships to the V&A you can just walk in to the Dior. That will cost a lot more than the exhibition tickets but it is really the only practical option.

>>Also wondering when changing of guard schedule will be posted for July. Checked last week, and it was not posted yet.<<

In July it runs every day. And I don't know what site you checked but the schedule is posted https://www.householddivision.org.uk...guard-calendar
Jun 13th, 2019, 08:49 AM

I know this isn't what you asked here, but I just visited the Air Travel Forum and found your question about airports. You say that your plan is to fly into LHR and fly out a week later, but you want to visit one or two cities in France as well as seeing London in that amount of time. You mention that you have 7 days, does that include your transatlantic flights? If it does, you have much less time than you think, as the flights alone will take up 1.5 to 2 days. In order to have 7 days in Europe, you would need to have 8 nights there. With such a brief trip, you don't want to waste your time in airports, train stations and such. You will get the most "bang for you buck" by simply staying in London. Also, moving around is expensive. My trips to London have all been a week in London and I always come home with a long list of things I want to do and see on my next trip.
Jun 13th, 2019, 11:56 AM

It is 109 quid for V/A membership + one guest. This is 139 US dollars. Regular ticket should be be around 15 quid or 19 US dollars.

My husband and I plan on seeing the Dior exhibit in August. We could stand in the queue to get tickets before the museum opens as our hotel is close by.
However, my aunt, who lives in Crouch End, offered to take me in as her guest (she is a member). My husband says he doesn't care if he were to see the exhibit or not. He told me he could wander around whilst we go in.

Thin🏛
Jun 13th, 2019, 02:51 PM

>>It is 109 quid for V/A membership + one guest. This is 139 US dollars. Regular ticket should be be around 15 quid or 19 US dollars. <<

. . . BUT There is no guarantee queueing will get one a ticket. The closer to the end of the show's run the more pressure there will be to snag these few day-of tickets and the earlier one will have to queue. For the equally block buster Alexander McQueen a few years ago folks were queueing overnight. Some people will think the cost of V&A membership worth it and just a cost of the holiday. Plus it will also give entry to the Mary Quant.
Jun 13th, 2019, 03:07 PM

Meant to add: The Changing of the guard is a real time hog. It take hours -- literally. One needs to get there early to nail down a view point - and then you are stuck there 'cuz if you move you lose your place.

There is a way to see it without hanging around the front of the Palace for 3+ hours. London Walks does a walk that includes the Guard Change

Our Walks - London Walks
Jun 14th, 2019, 05:59 AM

Follow the V and A on Instagram - they have posted about Dior exhibit tickets becoming available. I believe it has been the same day (no advance) but worth watching to see if you can snag tickets or if more tickets are released. The exhibit is pure magic, so worth the effort.