Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dinner on the beach near El Prat Barcelona?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH and I heading to the Languedoc first two weeks in October, but will be flying into and out of Barcelona (cheapest direct flight from Toronto, and car rentals seem to be less expensive in Spain than France). This will be our first trip to France outside of July and August, and we're trying to short list potential spots to eventually buy a house. Spending a few days in Aigue-Vive, then a week near Uzes, then the last four days in Pezenas.

Rather than trying to catch a 1:00 flight after driving from Pezenas, we want to stay at a hotel near the airport on the last evening. Last time we did this, we stayed at a very nice and reasonably priced hotel, which was a few minutes away from the beach. We had a fantastic dinner on a stretch of boardwalk with several restaurants, while the kids played in the sand.

Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of the hotel or the stretch of beach. Does anyone know of the area I'm talking about (the beach - lots of hotels near El Prat to choose from). We'd love to return.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:04 PM

Castelldefels and Gavà are near the airport. These two towns are lconnected by a long boardwalk, but not hotels.

Perhaps you mean Sitges.
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 01:02 AM

what do you mean by "near"? sites is not "near" but could be 20-30 minutes.
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 01:05 AM

There ARE hotels in Casteldefells.. that must be where you were. take a look. Maybe you will recognize the place or hotel name.
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

IpMarc - fantastico - I found it in Catelldefels - it's the Cafe Fosbury. I'm also glad you reminded me that Sitges is so close. Depending on how quickly we get to Barcelona from Pezenas, we might go there instead. It was so crowded when we went with the kids during the summer, it would be nice to see again in October.

cheers