Paris, France vs Germany

Jul 2nd, 2014, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Paris, France vs Germany

This Friday is the game where we will know if France stays or not on the world cup, and I am in Paris. I want to know where the locals go to see the game and enjoy the camaradery and fun.... I just don't want to go to the first pub i find.. I want to experience the CRAZINESS.. Any ideas??
Jul 2nd, 2014, 05:00 AM

I don't know if they do open air viewings in France but if they do, go to that.
Jul 2nd, 2014, 05:08 AM

It's probably safe to bet you can get off at any Metro stop and most cafés and bars will be full of people watching the game. We were there a couple weeks ago and Oberkampf or parmentier had tonnes if places filled with locals watching the game...
Jul 2nd, 2014, 05:10 AM

This site has a rundown of places to watch the game:
http://www.thelocal.fr/20140611/worl...tch-the-action

The first one looks to be what you want:

1. Kia Cabana

If you are fans of the outdoor giant screen then this could be the closest thing you’ll get. Carmakers Kia are offering Parisians the chance to watch the matches on a barge on the river Seine, close to the Eiffel Tower at the Port de Champs-Élysées. The barge will feature three spaces: “The stadium” – where the matches will be shown, “The village” – which will feature an exhibition around Brazilian fashion and “The beach” – which will give revellers a feel of Copacabana. It's probably worth checking out.

The Local also says that the town hall has arranged for a public viewing of the (now finished) France-Nigeria game and should also be showing France-Germany:

After the French have made it to the crucial knockout stages of the World Cup, the Town Hall has agreed to show the big game against Nigeria on the plaza outside Hôtel de Ville in central Paris. The game kicks-off at 6 pm Paris time.

Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo wants to "accompany Parisians in their mania for "Les Bleus" the Town Hall told BFMTV.

The screen will stay in place if France continue to progress through the tournament. The Town Hall could not confirm if the other matches in the tournament will be shown live on the giant screen.
Jul 3rd, 2014, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you .. I just checked the weather and it seems that it will rain
Jul 3rd, 2014, 11:50 AM

I would better avoid the watch parties. After the game, the French will be frustrated and sad.