Search

D'Inghilterra

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:23 AM
melinda17

D'Inghilterra

Anyone have any opinions of the Hotel D'Inghilterra in Rome?

Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good hotel--fabulous location.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:15 AM

My husband and I enjoyed our stay there very much but be warned, some of the rooms are small and dark. We had a double deluxe room with a small terrace on the fifth floor, I believe. The bathroom was still extremely tiny however. If you like high end shopping, or window shopping, along the fashionable streets near the Piazza di Spagna, then the location is superb. I don't care for that area as much as I do the Piazza Navona and Pantheon areas. Walking around after dinner in the Spanish Steps area isn't all that great--closed stores, not many gelato places (but try Ciampini in Piazza San Lorenzo in Lucina and their other location on Viale Trinita di Monti)and some deserted streets.
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 01:13 PM
melinda17

Grinisa, Thank you for your kind reply. I notice in other emails that you have stayed at The Rapheal, did you find it clean? I have read many bad reviews and was hesitant to book a room there. Have you anything to report on the Hotel Nazionale, that is near the Parliment? Thank you.Melinda.

Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
MMM

D'Inghilterra is a very good choice. I agree with the previous poster, however, that some rooms might be small and dark. If you ask for a specific type of room, however, you should have no problem. I'm not sure if you are into traveling by metro, but there is a metro stop five minutes away, right across the Piazza di Spagna. I've stayed at the hotel several times.

MMM
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 07:54 PM

Loved it, but the maids stole all the garnet jewelry I'd bought in Prague earlier on my trip - or else, someone else in the hotel did. At any rate. I'll never stay there again. Great location, bad vibes.