Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dinan - Hotel D'Avaugour. Help me decipher message from hotel.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hôtel LE D'AVAUGOUR***
1, place Du Champ 22100 DINAN, FRANCE
Web Site : www.avaugourhotel.com

I inquired in Dinan at the Hotel D'Avaugour about the blue/white check and red/white check rooms that appear on the website. They sent me the following reply. I was wondering if the 134 Euro room was the one on the website. It looks really nice and I was hoping someone out there has stayed there and can confirm this room. Should I opt for the more expensive rooms?

Also the suite has beds for 4 but am I right in assuming they are not separate rooms, but 4-beds in the same room?

Hotel Reply to me:
For your comfort, we would be pleased to hold :
- Two double rooms with great bed overlooking the places Du Champ et Duguesclin, equiped with full bathroom and toilet's at a nightly rate of Euros 134.- per room, breakfast included. The rooms with the type red color are on this view, facing the bays.
or
Facing the lovely garden : there aren't rooms with the type red color like is pictured on the web side, on this view.
- Two double rooms with queen size bed overlooking the garden and the city's ramparts, equiped with full bathroom and toilet's at a nightly rate of Euros 164.- per room, breakfast included.
or
- Two double rooms with king size bed overlooking the garden and the city's ramparts (both are the same kind than the room 28 picture joined) equiped with full bathroom and toilet's at a nightly rate of Euros 174.- per room, breakfast included.

For information one of the room that is pictured on the web side is a suite room. (white and blue bed rope).- A large suite with three windows overlooking our garden and the town’s ramparts, with a large bed and two twin beds,(one sleeping area) equiped with two bathrooms with toilets (one with shower), at a nightly rate of Euros 266.- per room, breakfasts included.
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 12:50 AM

Sorry I can't help to translate their message. I have absolutely no idea what they are saying. We stayed there about ten years ago and they were very nice and the hotel itself was clean and comfortable. Our room, proably one of the cheap ones as it has no color scheme that I can remember, was a nice size and very comfortable.

We loved Dinan, it was a wonderful little city/town to roam around in.

Enjoy your stay,

Nina
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Pausanias

We stayed in the (or a) suite this summer. It has a queen and two singles, a sitting area, and overlooks the garden and the town ramparts. We had reserved a triple but received a complimentary upgrade to the suite because there were three of us, (we took our teenage son) staying for three nights.

I think they charge more for the rooms with the garden view -- which is also the quieter side of the hotel. Every room we saw was very pleasant. It's a good hotel, you'll enjoy your stay.

Old Oct 20th, 2006, 06:50 AM
ira

Hi eurogal,

I think that the hotel is telling you that they have 2 dbls facing the street at 134E each and that these are rooms similar to the one with the red-checked bedding.

Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I'm going for the cheaper rooms since they all seem nice.