digital photographers

Mar 7th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44
digital photographers

Can you recharge those rechargeable batteries using a two prong electrical convertor? I take so many pictures, I will need to recharge at my hotel. Wondering how others have managed with this. Thanks.
elle7 is offline  
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 13,194
I think you WILL need a small TRANSFORMER (which some people call a convertor), but it depends on whether you have those "re-charge IN the camera", or a separate re-charging "cradle". Either one should tell you what the voltage inout requirements are. If it says 110-240 volts, or something similar, then you only need a (plug) "ADAPTOR". Otherwise, you will need a small transformer (convertor); fortunately, the little ones should suffice for this.

Best wishes,

rex is offline  
Mar 7th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 659
My son took his Fuji camera along to London & Paris. He had to recharge in London. We bought a multi-voltage power adapter at Radio Shack & used it. He also needed a thing to convert the prongs. Luckily the hotel in London had one we could borrow. In Paris the hotel had shaving outlets that didn't need the prong adapter but did need the converter. His was recharging in the camera.

Be sure to bring along extra memory so you don't have to miss amy pictures. Unless you have access to a computer to upload it will be worth the expense.
benj is offline  
Mar 7th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,420
The battery charger that came with my camera works on european voltage so all I need is a plug adapter. I suggest you read your book or look at the charger to see if it can work on both voltages.
CarolA is offline  
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,004
Check you recharger manual. It probably will not need a converter because it is dual voltage. You will need an adapter to adapt it to the odd shaped European outlet where your plug won't fit. These are very inexpensive and available at most luggage and dept. stores and even at WalMart.

If you don't have a dual voltage recharger, you will need a converter to convert the European (higher) voltage so it won't fry your recharger. These are also easily available at Radio Shack and any travel store.

I used the shaving outlet in our hotels to recharge my batteries. It gets the recharger out of the way and doesn't waste an outlet in the room.
SalB is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Jul 23rd, 2011 08:02 AM
Jul 22nd, 2011 01:01 PM
Sep 25th, 2007 07:00 AM
Feb 19th, 2007 03:57 AM
Dec 6th, 2003 11:54 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:48 PM.