Reload this Page >

Different Persona?

Search

Different Persona?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Lilly

Different Persona?

Do you take on a different persona when you travel far from home?<BR><BR>As for myself, I have a very respectable, responsible career and am taken very seriously while at work. I use a great deal of discretion while socializing with peers and while I have a large circle of acquaintances, I have a much smaller circle of actual friends.<BR><BR>However, I must have a split personality because when I travel, especially to Europe, I become a different personality. I don't mean that I go entirely mad and do outrageous things and wear white trainers (smile) but I am more outgoing and gregarious and am more prone to strike up a conversation with a total stranger. At home, I am more reserved and self-conscious.<BR><BR>Does anyone else truly let their hair down while on holiday or should I seek counseling immediately??!!??

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Dr.

<BR>Clearly a form of schizophrenia and sexual frustration. This could be mild or severe. I will have to know more.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Suzy

Well, Lilly and I must have the same diagnosis. I don't know whether it's from the relaxation and excitement of being on vacation, or being among strangers so my dignity is not so much at stake, but I'm much more relaxed and gregarious when I travel. And it's more fun! If you seek counseling, let's do a group so we can get a discount.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:39 PM
itsokay

For all I know you may need therapy, but I think it's only natural to be more relaxed on holiday and not be so uptight about casual conversations. <BR><BR>It sounds to me as if you really need to schedule more time away from the grind. Take some deep breaths and remember that life is short to be so uptight.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Skippy

I can't let my hair down. I'm bald.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:25 PM
persona

what's persona?

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Schizo

You are not alone! Actually, it is very normal to experience elation and to be thrilled by everything and everyone you meet. In guides to living abroad, experts dub this the "honeymoon stage", You are not crazy, you are just enjoying your trip and aware that you will never meet most of the people you approach on your trip ever again. Have a fun trip. I'm a schizo too...