Reload this Page >

Diamond district in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Janie

My boyfriend and I are going to France soon. On our last trip to New York, we looked at engagement rings in the Diamond District. Is there anything like this (with similar pricing) in Paris?

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 09:52 AM
jetset2

Never heard of a particular diamond district in Paris.<BR><BR>But you can still go window shopping on Place Vendome!<BR><BR>The European diamond center is Antwerp, if I am correct.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Fred

There's no place in the world like the diamond district in NY. As for Paris, I don't remember ever seeing any area with diamonds or jewelry except the stores around Place Vendome and in the Ritz, the Meurice, and other hotels like that. I know that because that's where we stay, but around the corner and $500 a night cheaper (so we look and drool a lot). For more Paris information go to www.anamericaninparis.com

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:01 PM
john

<BR>There is a jewelry district in Paris but I forget where. I became engaged in Paris and bought the engagement ring from a store mentioned in a book titled "Paris Pas Cher." The store was a walk up low overhead one man operation, and I can't remember the name after these 15 years. A few weeks after buying it, FWIW, we were in Amsterdam and I asked a jeweler what the stone would cost. He suggested a price about 10% higher than I had paid.