Search

Delta's New York - Berlin Route

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta's New York - Berlin Route

Hello everyone -

Have a rather random question regarding something pretty particular...and so I turn to my fellow travel experts.

Found a cheap fare from MSP to TXL in January on Delta via Cincinatti and New York. The long haul is direct to Berlin from New York, which is appealing...as is the 340 dollar one way fare.

Anyway, I have other options - but I liked this one because it doesn't involve changing planes in Europe (something I would only like to do if I was flying KLM, my airline of choice) & it doesn't involve flying through O'Hare...or as I call it, O'Attitude. Everything always goes wrong at O'Hare.

Delta always seems to get a bad rap...but I've never had problems with them. Anyone know if they're flying a junker on this route? (I also have the option of using my dad's frequent flyer miles on Northwest direct on a spiffy new plane to Berlin via AMS).

Thanks Everyone!
Old May 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM

i do not find $340 o.w. to be reasonable for january travel...
Old May 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM

We flew this route in March, and it was fine. We had exit row seats, with tons of room and reclining seat backs, so I was happy. The planes did not have individual screens and we didn't like the movies. The food was medium. I really like to do all my connecting stateside, and this fit the bill. JFK is a total pit, however. We had fabulous fares, though, $325 round trip Syracuse to Berlin and 450 round trip Atlanta to Berlin - these were introductory fares for the route.
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

You don't find 340 a reasonable one way fare in January??

It's the cheapest of anything I've found from Minneapolis to Berlin. It's almost 2500 on any non-student oriented website.

Delta route sounds, well...I'd rather fly NWA or KLM. I will keep looking. Thanks for the responses.
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM
J62

CO also flys non-stop to Berlin, from EWR.

For me total travel time is more important than whether I change in the US or in Europe.

I'm finding $677 MSP to TXL round trip on KLM, with 1 stop. Search using www.kayak.com.

Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, you're amazing.

I forgot about kayak...duh me.

Looked into maybe purchasing a round trip ticket on NWA/KLM (in Berlin and out of Vienna). It's about 940 plus for 15,000 worldperks miles i can fly business. I'm liking that idea.