Day trips from seville

Search

Day trips from seville

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day trips from seville

Hi..we finally have booked out tickets,will reach seville around noon Seville on 26th Nov and depart on the morning of 2nd dec.So have abt 5.5 days total.

Please advise abt what to do..we will have a lot of luggage ( we are a couple in 30s with a baby and are flying to India afterwards) so are not very ambitious abt running around. I am thining of spending 3 days in Seville and may be trip to Granada in between.Will probably have to leave luggage in seville hotel when we go to Granada as wont want to carry luggage around.I dont seem to like the fact that I will have to pay for hotel in both Granada and seville for that night.Do the hotels in seville allow you to keep luggage for a day in teh storage?

Any recommendation for hotels in seville and Granada around 100 euro/day//
Thanks

Old Oct 26th, 2008, 01:33 AM

Easy day trips from Seville is Cordoba -- which is pretty amazing -- and 45 min on the train from Seville. I loved Cordoba, the history is cool.

I spent more than that on hotels, so I can't help there. But they did allow me to leave my luggage for the day. I will say book ASAP. I had more trouble with hotels in Southern Spain than anywhere else in Europe, I found it surprising.
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 02:54 AM

A day trip from Seville to granada is not a great idea. The distance between them is about 250 KM and takes 3-4 hours by train or bus and at least 5 hours by car. That's a lot of traveling for a day trip!

As galaxygirl wrote, Cordoba is a nice place to visit and is very doable. There are also towns to the south of Seville which are interesting to visit, but I have no idea about train availablitiy. You didn't mention how you plan to travel around, so I've assumed you don't plan on renting a car.

Also, keep in mind that there's plenty to do and see in Sevilla - it's a great town to visit.

Regarding hotels holding your luggage, if you are returning to the hotel, most hotels will hold your luggage for a day or three. At worst, it might cost you a few dollars (or a nice tip to the concierge).

It's been a while since we were in Andalucia, but here's the web page of our visit a few years back. Perhaps it will help you in your planning.

http://www.travel.stv77.com/andalucia/andalucia.html
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks..nice trip report.

I havent yet decided whether we should rent a car.I wonder if left hand drive would be difficult when you are used to driving in US.

Also what would u suggest best to do in 5.5 days..any help with planning is welcome..I did read few rtrip reports but they were 2-3 weeks s dont know what wud be the best use f our time.Maybe a day trip to cordoba from seville and a a night in Granada wh53e 2ee*5ng 64r base 5n seville..

Can anybody suggest good travel guide book and a DVD to watch on Andalucia.
Thanks
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 06:35 AM

First off, you can relax regarding the driving side. Spain is like the states, that is, the car is driven on the right hand side of the road. England and other commonwealth countries use left hand drive.

Old Oct 26th, 2008, 06:47 AM
yk

You can take a look at my trip report. I spent 1 full day in Granada, 1.5 days in Seville, and 1 day in Cordoba.
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35111933

Rick Steves has a DVD on Andalucia. You can go to your local library and see what it has (my local library has lots of travel DVDs - from Rick Steves, Globetrekker etc).
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 09:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We did a trip 3 years back Malaga, Seville, COrdoba all by train then took a car into the hills to the white towns.

Centre of spanish cities with cars not so much fun
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 12:08 PM
mjs

I think you really need a car to explore Andalucia in a short time. Cordoba of course is an exception. Costs of short term car rental and petrol will unfortunately be high. Cannot help you with hotels as my budget is higher and for four people. We based ourselves in Seville as we do not like moving hotels. You can do Granada in one long day as a car trip and Rhonda and the white towns as another long day trip. Babies tend to sleep in cars. Driving in and out of Seville is difficult. Easy to drive in Spain outside major cities. Your alternative is to do a round trip driving and staying in a different spot every night which also works well.