day trip from Corfu to Albania

May 6th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

day trip from Corfu to Albania

Hi all. My wife and i will be on Corfu 16-18 this month. We are debating a day trip to Albania. Anybody went there? is it worth it? What did you while there? Better alternatives
on Corfu itself?
Thanx in advance, MIke
May 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM

Do not waste your time---Albania is dismal.
May 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM

There's nothing spectacular to see in Albania....
i went to Sarande, which was a very very disappointing experience ( nothing but a small ugly modern city) and also visited Butrint, an archelogical site, like hundreds of others in Greece.....
If you are only staying for 3 days in Corfu try to focus on that island and the possibilities it has to offer....
You would need 1 day to visit the old city of Corfu and it's museums, and there is also Achilleion Palace and Paliokastritsa that you could visit.
Why don't you rent a car? this was you can drive around the island, which in May is full of flowers !! There are many nice spots to be discovered !
May 9th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanx for input. It just confirmed what i thought..
May 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM

istergez

i am not a Corfu resident, and i certainly don't care about Corfu losing "business" as you say to Albania...

I can only speak about my personal experience when i visited both Butrint and Saranda, which i did with my post.

Furthermore i would never dare to say that Corfu has not many things to see, especially in comparison to Saranda !!!!
But maybe you haven't been yet to Corfu....

For your information i drove with a car from Igoumenitsa to Saranda, which was an experience that i will remember for ever...

The OP has already been to Corfu, since this thread is 2 years old !!!!!
May 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM

Is it even possible to accomplish this as a daytrip?
May 10th, 2013, 10:32 AM

I have been to both, although Corfu was a LONG time ago. I would do the trip just to visit Albania, although it's true there isn't anything to do in Saranda itself other than visiting Butrint and having a meal and a drink. But I quite enjoyed Butrint - http://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com/...in-in-saranda/.

brotherleelove - I believe it's an easy day trip, with regular schedules, and TAs eager to organize it, although I was traveling overland in Albania.