Day tours in Rome

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:34 PM
V Dennis

Day tours in Rome

We will be in Rome for 3 days in Rome and my daughter and I, age 18, would like to take some day tours. We are looking into Green Line Trolley tours, etc. I was not impressed with American Express. Please help. Thanks.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Marilyn

Don't do EnjoyRome or Vastours they just wanted to take us shopping so we would spend our money and they could get their percentage. M.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 03:18 PM
xxx

try www.romanholidaytours.com

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 03:27 PM
xxx

www.threeamigos.freewebsitehosting.com

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Beverly

We just returned from Rome and I cannot say enough GOOD things about the Scala Reale tours we did (www.scalareale.org).We took the Vatican tour and the Forum/Colosseum tour, and were most impressed with the quality of the guides. Best of all, the tours were small groups of 6 maximum - no buses and no shopping. These were 4-hour intensive art and archeology tours. We learned so much! You'll find others on this board have recommended them as well - that's where I got the tip!

Hope this helps,
Beverly

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:08 PM
cookie

I agree with Beverly. We took the same 2 tours with Scala Reale and both guides were exceptional. They really brought the Vatican and Ancient Rome to life. I wish I hadn't missed their Orientation tour.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:12 AM
xxx

The guides who work for Scala reale also freelance for other English speaking tour companies which means they are no better than the other cultural associations in Rome. Therefor it would be better if people recommended a particular guide rather than a tour company. e.g We took a tour with ? who works for scala reale.............

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Lynette

Did a bus tour. Stop 'n Go tours. Stops at 14 tourist sites and you can get off and check around and get back on the next bus. They make a stop every 30 min. Good sites and nice way to get around but they didn't give a whole lot of info. They start right outside the train station but you can get on at any of their stops and pay when you get on the bus. Can't remember price but picked up brocher at the train station in the airport. Have a great time you'll love it. So much to see.