Day light in Spain in September - Granada too

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of day light in September in Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Granada)? I'd like to know what to expect when visiting Granada's Alhambra, for example. Should we get to Granada late afternoon to see the Alhambra lit, possibly sleep in Granada, and then visit it the next day and then leave? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Daniele
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 07:11 PM

Re: time question. Recently, someone (I think it was on this BB) posted a web site: sunrisesunset which will give you these times in almost any country in the world. There is a list of "Usual" cities and then you can put in choices of your own. It is really a great place--I've used it for a trip to Norway in August. I don't know if it does small towns in foreign countries, but it definitely does capital cities.mhm
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Dear Mercy,

I have just found it! You can go to the weatherchannel web site and , at the bottom, you select United Kingdom. There you write down the name of the city you want to get the information from, say Granada, and the current forecast will be shown. Then there is this small line: "Climate statistics'. You can click there and they have statistics of temperature, sunrise and sunset and much more!

I tried the website you suggested, but it just gives you info on the current month.

Thanks!

Daniele
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 05:32 AM

Hi Daniele,
This was a hard one as we are going in October. After much searching and hunting and finding 3 different times for sunset in Spain. European daylight savings time so that means it's +2 hrs after GMT. All boiled down I arrived at a sunset time of 7:22pm on 10-25, with some sunsets in mid-summer as late as 9-9:30. Confusing. Hope this helps. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 05:38 AM

This is what I use:
US Naval Observatory - http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html

- Sharon