Day in Brussels

Old Dec 9th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Day in Brussels

In March my son and I will be flying into Brussels in the morning. We would like to spend the day in Brussels and then catch the train to Paris in the evening. I realize that it is very little time, but we always try to not waist a single minute, so if we only have time to walk a bit and eat lunch before heading to Paris, we are fine with that. Is there any place where we could store our backpacks for the few hours we will be out and about?
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 06:32 PM

Brussels Midi Station has luggage storage, so does Centraal.

You can search for luggage storage facilities here:

NMBS/SNCB - Search a station
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Awesome, thank you.
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 01:14 PM

Yes take train from airport to Midi (South) station and put luggage in luggage depot for a few euros and then take trainback to Centraal Station - you pass thru it to get to Midi station - Centraal isa short walk from the Grand' Place and Mannequin Pis- two most famous sights in Brussels and a nice area- if time walk around royal palace complex and gardens but that would be what I would do. Book your Thalys tickets up to 120 or days in advance or whatever - www.thalys.com for deep discounts over full fare - easy to do yoursel online. www.seat61.com has tons on doing that - general info for trains and what to expectlike 1st v 2nd class also check www.ricksteves.com and BETS-European Rail Experts. Midi station is a fair ways out of the Grand' Place area so just hop the trains that go every few minutes from Midi to Centraal station.