Da Vinci Code tour in Paris

Jul 16th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Da Vinci Code tour in Paris

Has anyone who has a chance to take a tour of the Louvre and churches that play such a big part of this Dan Brown novel? Were they worth it?
Jul 16th, 2004, 01:01 PM

I was in Paris last summer, but unfortunately I read the book after I came back from my trip..
Pity...
Jul 16th, 2004, 01:16 PM

In April, my travel companion was reading the book every night after we walked Paris. We didn't take any "tour" as such, but it was fun to find the object mentioned in the final pages (not to spoil it for anyone) and the gold line leading to the obelisk at St. Sulpice - but we were there anyway, we did not specifically go because of the book. I had already been to the hall in the Louvre, and we didn't repeat that part.
Jul 16th, 2004, 01:21 PM

Like kismetchimera, I read the book long after I came back from Paris. While I wasn't able to visit the church in Paris referenced in the book (forgot the name, sorry), I did go to the Louvre, like any good tourist , and the Tuileries. The Louvre was worth it, for me. The trick is to not try to see it all in one day, otherwise, you'll get overwhelmed. The museum mapguide that I took home as a souvenir came in useful for me to picture what I was reading in the Louvre scenes. I'm going back to Paris this September and will definitely try to visit the church.

You may already know this, but on this site, Fodors has a "guide" should you want to do the da Vinci Code tour.
Jul 16th, 2004, 01:30 PM
jay

I read the book on the flight to Paris this past christmas. It was fun finding some of the items and places in the book. St. Sulpice was very cool. We are going to London and Glastonbury in October and it will be fun finding sites there also. I would find a couple of the items and places in the book but not base your whole trip on it.
Jul 16th, 2004, 06:06 PM

St. Sulpice is a beautiful church, and worth a visit. You will see the line to the right of the alter. Make a point of noticing the magnificent organ in the rear of the church. The square outside the church is the site of some of Napoleon's victory celebrations.