Croatia Trip Reports Solo Travellers

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2023, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello....any solo travelers who have been to Croatia? I would love to read your reports.
Old May 7th, 2023, 12:17 PM

I have been solo but never completed my report. In part, because it did not seem to have a lot of interest.

What questions do you have?
Old May 7th, 2023, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Hello,
Thanks for replying. I will be travelling from Dubrovnik with stops on the way to Split. Did you use public transportation? How was it? Did you do any recommended tours or activities? and finally, (for now), where did you stay in Split? I feel that Trogir might be on my list of must - sees.
Old May 7th, 2023, 12:57 PM

My trip in 2022 started in Venice and ended in Sarajevo with a combination of ferries and busses, depending on the stop. The 2022 trip did not include Split except for a transport change. But, I took ferries from Split to Dubrovnik (or reverse, depending on trip). Ferries were fine, usually on schedule and felt safe.

Split, I did not go to solo, in 2019 as I was with my parents in a sobe about a half mile from Stari Grad. I did do a day in Trogir solo (long story) and used the local ferry. It's about an hour, whereas the bus is only about 30 minutes IIRC.

I tend not to do tours, personally (or it's rare that I do). Cannot recommend any but they are plentiful. I'd suggest looking at each city's tourist office for recommendations based upon your interest. I prefer wandering but with specific points that I want to hit. If I want to supplement with a tour, I usually go the tourist office once I arrive. For Split, it is right outside the church, unless they moved it.
Old May 7th, 2023, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your input. I appreciate it.
Old May 7th, 2023, 03:31 PM

Travel_Nerd, I read your report at the time and thought it was wonderful. I actually think your report did generate a lot of interest because you have 3.5 thousand views. Not everyone leaves comments. You did a great job.

Kelsey22, when we were in Split we hired Maja Benzon, recommended by Rick Steves, for a 2-hour private tour of Old Town and Diocletians' Palace. She is awesome; very knowledgeable and warm and friendly. We stayed at ID Regal Residence at Poljana Stare Gimnzaijie. It's located in the Old Town just outside of Diocletian's Palace. Our room rate included breakfast vouchers for the Bokeria restaurant, just a one-minute walk away. The breakfasts were delicious. The only thing we didn't like is that ID Regal Residence is on the 4th floor, and it doesn't have an elevator.

We rented a car so we didn't use public transportation except to take the Jadrolinija catamaran for our day trip to Hvar Town.
Old May 7th, 2023, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by KarenWoo
Travel_Nerd, I read your report at the time and thought it was wonderful. I actually think your report did generate a lot of interest because you have 3.5 thousand views. Not everyone leaves comments. You did a great job.
Thank you for your kind words, Karen. Maybe one of these days i will get to finishing it.
Old May 7th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Oh yes TravelN. I read your report on Venice. One of my very fav. I don't always comment if I am on my phone.

KarenWoo - I read your report too!