Advice for traveling from Milan (LIN) to Cortina

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2023, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are headed to Italy in a few weeks. We’ll land in Milan (Lin) around 12 and we’re trying to make it to cortina d’Ampezzo still that day! We’re trying to figure out if we should rent a car and drive from Milan to cortina or if we should do all of the train and bus transfers from Milan to Venice to cortina. Has anyone made this trek before, especially at this time of day? We’d love to hear your advice!
Old May 7th, 2023, 02:00 AM

Last connections from Milan to Cortina:
Milano Lambrate dp 14.33 - Cortina ar 21,28 (change at Verona PN, Venice Mestre, Ponte nelle Alpi and Calalzo)
Milano Centrale dp 14.45 - Cortina ar 21,28 (change at Venice Mestre, Ponte nelle Alpi and Calalzo)
Old May 7th, 2023, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by kateberkey5338
My husband and I are headed to Italy in a few weeks. We’ll land in Milan (Lin) around 12 and we’re trying to make it to cortina d’Ampezzo still that day! We’re trying to figure out if we should rent a car and drive from Milan to cortina or if we should do all of the train and bus transfers from Milan to Venice to cortina. Has anyone made this trek before, especially at this time of day? We’d love to hear your advice!
I wouldn't want to do this at all. It would be six or more hours by train and bus, and a four-hour drive. Can't you fly into Venice instead?

A long drive after a tiring flight is actually very risky, and the other option involves either one bus and two trains, or two buses and one train. This can be very tedious, especially if you have a lot of luggage.

Old May 7th, 2023, 06:48 PM

I would stopover in Milan and then rent a car the following day. There can be quite heavy traffic on route, so I wouldn’t suggest doing it straight off the plane and possibly jet-lagged. If you don’t fancy staying at an airport hotel, then you could pick up the car and book a hotel near Bergamo