Croatia - 6 nights left to plan between Plitvice and Dubrovnik

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2024, 01:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I have managed to plan majority of our family holiday however have the final 6 nights to organise between Plitvice and Dubrovnik in early July. We will have a car to drive from Plitvice across to the coast. It will be too long in the car to travel directly from Plitvice to Dubrovnik so was thinking of Split and then heading to an island before arriving at Dubrovnik. We could cease the car rental in Split and travel by ferry to islands that don't need a car. I just can't seem to figure out which island should be the 2 night stop over island and really depends on which ones will allow us to arrive from Split and then depart to Dubrovnik. We would then do some island day trips from Dubrovnik. Only 6 nights to fit it all is.... any suggestions most welcomed!!!
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 01:25 AM

After Plitvice you may visit Sibenik and the Krka Falls National Park.Proceed then to Trogir (visit) and Split.
From there you can go on either by car or by public transport.
There are car and passenger ferries from Split to both Islands, Hvar and Korcula.
From both you can go by car and passenger ferry to the mainroad in direction of Dubrovnik.
If you prefer to move by public transport, board one of the catamarans running between Split - Hvar - Korcula - Dubrovnik.
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 11:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I will start looking into that now. I have left my run a little late so may depend on accomm options. Really appreciate your input. Thanks.