Cricket, anyone?

Aug 13th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Cricket, anyone?

What are the chances to see cricket played as late in the year as the last two weeks in September?

If so, would Holland Park be a good place to look for a match?

Thanks in advance for any and all information,

Ron
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:55 AM

Hi DietDoctor,
I applaud your enthusiasm for the wonderful game,however I suspect you may be disapointed but......
Glamorgans last game is 17th September for 4 days in Durham.
Not sure about other clubs or smaller parks teams.
You must understand that it is sometimes difficult for us to catch a game even in the middle of summer due to the weather although this year has been a little bit different so far !.

Have fun

Muck
You must understand that
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:02 AM

if you just want to see cricket being played and aren't concerned with seeing County Cricket - you shouldn't have any problems.

The pros end up in mid sept, but on weekends there are village cricket matches all over. Especially if the weather is still warm. Just stop into any local shop or post office and ask around.
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:08 AM

dietdoctor,

http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/ParksAndGarde...rk/default.asp
This link might be useful for Holland Park in particular. You could ring the number and see if there is any cricket on while you are staying
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

JImSteel, janis, Mucky:

Thanks for the prompt and informative replies. I looks forward to watching some matches when I arrive. I certainly wasn't expecting to see the "pros" go at it, but just the experience of seeing such a wonderful sport would be exhilarating! It is marvelous British and something I would like to experience there.

Again, I appreciate your replies!

Cheers,

Ron
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:48 AM

Dietdoctor,

I have looked at a copule of my local clubs in and around Greenwich and Dulwich Sunday side are playing at home on the 21st & 28 September. See link below.
http://www.dulwichcc.com/fixtures/sun1st.asp
Greenwich are all away in September.
Unfortunatly, not very near Holland Park, but why not make a day trip of it, cricket and the lovley village of Dulwich with its gallery. Gets you away from the 'usual' London sites.
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Jim,

Thanks ever so much for the listing and the web address. I should think it would be well worth a day trip. I will be in London for 2 weeks so a day trip would be easy enough to accomodate. I, probably to the dismay of most, have no itenarary - I am just going to float about and bask in London. I imagine I will eventually get to all the landmarks and such but, for now, I just look forward to meeting the people and experiencing the city.

Many thanks for your consistently valuable and informed responses to my inquiries. You have been most helpful!

Ron

Search this Thread