County Clare suggestions

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
County Clare suggestions

My husband and I will be visiting his family in County Kerry, Listowel over Easter break. We thought we'd have a night on our own in Clare as we can take the ferry over from Tarbert. I've been to Kilrush before during a festival and also to the Cliffs of Moher. Does anyone have suggestions for B&B etc. I asked my in-laws as well, but would appreciate another persepctive. Thanks.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Two B&Bs in Kilrush have the best reputations, and have won awards.
www.hillcrestview.com - My personal favorite. Both are very nice, but book early on these.

www.clarkekilrush.com
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 04:06 PM

We stayed at Hillcrestview.com and it was an excellent place to stay.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 03:24 AM

I've stayed at Fitzgerald's B&B in Miltown Malbay (between Spanish Point & Lahinch): clean and quiet! I like Spanish Point Golf Course, a very nice 9-hole links layout that doesn't cost an arm & a leg to play. Bring your own golf balls - they're very expensive in Ireland.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 04:03 PM

If you think about stopping at Spanish Point for a quick 9-holes, I hitched a ride down there from Miltown Malbay after breakfast, played 9-holes and was back in Miltown Malbay for lunch.
http://groups.msn.com/NedsIrelandPubsandGolf has a couple of fotos I took on the course: It's an honest to goodness links layout!
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 06:20 PM

I will add my vote for Hillcrest View. It was very nice. I had a quiet and comfortable night there.
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions! The Hillcrest looks nice. The golf might have my husband going at Fitzgerald's??
I usually like to stay at B&B's as they can be cozier. My sis in law suggested a hotel in Kilkee with a leisure centre. Anyone been to Kilkee? Maybe I should get the map out. ok I see its on the loop head drive.. She also mentioned Enis? What has been a favorite if you've been to these places? We like small towns with a good pub or two. A place to get a good meal-nothing fancy and a confortable welcoming place to stay. Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM

I've stayed many a night in Ennis at TempleGate. It is a small town, not a village. I think to enjoy it you'd need to stay at Old Ground or TempleGate as they are both right in the center.
Nedsireland speaks of the golf in Spanish Point, I stayed at BellBridge Hotel that backs up to the course. There is another hotel The Armada right on the sea, also a couple of B&B's. Miltown Malbay town(village) is walking distance. I was told 1/2 mile and it was at least 1 and 1/2. I really enjoyed my stay.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 08:48 AM

Susan,

You might like Nolan's B&B,http://nolanskilkee.westclare.net/, in Kilkee. The rooms are really comfrtable, the breakfast is delicious and teh fresh baked scones you are offered on arrival are scrumptious.

Slan Go Foill,

Bit Devine
Cowboy Craic
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 05:18 AM

Stay in Ennis- Old Ground Hotel or Temple Gate hotel. Bang in the centre of town, so lots of fun at night time.