Reload this Page >

County Clare Information needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Jerry

My friend and I will be traveling to Ireland in September. We will be doing ancestry research. We need to know if Kree Parish in County Clare is a church, a village or a place we can find? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Laoghaire

Hi Jerry. Have you done a lot of internet research in County Clare? If you haven't, my suggestion would be the following-<BR> Go to: <BR>http://www.cyndislist.com/ireland.htm<BR> Now, page down to GENUKI-UK&IRELAND GENEALOGY<BR> Click on CLARE<BR> Under Information Related to all of County Clare<BR> Click on Towns and Parishes...<BR>Now you will so much info (hopefully), you won't where to start. If you need any more info e-mail me at [email protected] Hope this helps in some way...and that my directions aren't too confusing...Helen<BR><BR>

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Christie

The Clare Heriatage Center in Corofin is an excellent place to help with geneology in Ireland. I think they have a website, but a visit to the museum is well worth your time.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 12:22 PM
jean

You will do well to start with the comprehensive site Clarelibrary.ie

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Sue

Jerry,<BR><BR>I answered a question last week about this (maybe you?). A Parish is a community or townlands that the church would cover as its congregation. It's a bit old fashioned but helpful on your search of records as all christenings/Marriages would be registered in the church that covers that "parish" area.