Cost of B&B's in Ireland?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the daydreaming stages of a trip to Ireland in fall 2007 or spring 2008. I don't want to get an up-to-date guidebook yet, and I'm wondering about costs of B&B's for two in the countryside, small towns, etc. We usually stay in 2- and 3-star hotels, pensions, and the like.

I know this is a very general question, but I'd like to know what the experiences of recent travelers have been.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:04 PM

Most of the B&Bs I stayed at outside of Dublin were around E35-E40 a night per person. That includes breakfast, of course So multiply that times two for two people, and times 1.2 for the conversion...
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM

When we went this past March, our B&Bs ranged from €28.50 pp, sharing, (Westport) to €35 pp. sharing (College Road, Galway). Hope this helps.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:53 PM

You can see the prices of accomodations yourself by looking at the websites:

B&Bs: http://www.townandcountry.ie/
http://www.family-homes.ie/

Farmhouse B&Bs: http://www.irishfarmholidays.com/ifh/index.cfm

Guest Houses & Hotels: http://www.irelandhotels.com/

Those are mainly for the Republic of Ireland. There are others if you are going to Northern Ireland.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the information. I have checked various websites, of course, but wasn't satisfied with what I saw. I wanted to know what people really pay.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM

I went by myself at the end of May for 2 weeks...stayed with my mother most of the time but also stayed in 2 B&B's....both were 50 euro's per night for one person....can't remember what the double occ. rate was.
Shadow
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:52 PM

It has been almost 2 years since our last trip but we paid 35E a night per person at most B&Bs.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM

Pegontheroad,

For B&Bs people REALLY pay the prices listed on those websites. They are good to look at because they are current prices. Some people here are giving you prices from a couple of years ago and things do change.

When they show a range of prices (35 to 45 euro) that means that in the off season you pay the lower price and in the high season or during holidays or special events you pay the higher price.

Every B&B has a different price though most fall within a certain range such as 35 to 45 euro. If you look at the websites I posted you will know that one B&B costs 35 euro per person per night while another costs 40 euro. The difference in price may mean a nicer B&B or a better location.

Just knowing the price without knowing which B&B people are mentioning or time of year they stayed will not be that helpful to you.

If you stay at a B&B for more than two nights you may get a discount on the price. It depends on each B&B individually and you should ask in advance.

Tourism Ireland will send you the guidebook equivilent of those websites that I posted for free. If you live in the US or Canada just call 1-800-223-6470. Otherwise go to their website to find the one nearest to you.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:46 PM

I just returned from Ireland last week. There was two of us, my sister and I. Here is what I spent for my lodging.

Dublin-Fitzwilliam Guest House 119.00Euro per room.(not my favorite place)/includes bad breakfast.Out of the way. Building alarm across the street went off for 45 minutes in middle of night and does on a regular basis according to the receptionist. At least she was honest.

Cashel-Ladyswell House- 35Euro per person includes Breakfast. Very nice. Very good Breakfast

Kinsale-Old Presbtry-70Euro per person/breakfast included
Very nice-my favorite place, wonderful little balcony off our room. Very good breakfast. Car park. Very close to town.

Kenmare-LandsdownArms Hotel-140Euro for room/includes breakfast. We didn't eat breakfast. Car park.

Dingle-Bamburys-50Euro per person/breakfast included. Very nice. We didn't eat breakfast. Close to town. Car park.

Doolin-Sea View House 40 Euro per person/breakfast included. We didn't eat it. I personnally wouldn't recommend Sea View House.

Dublin-Jury's Inn ChristChurch-140Euro per room/includes breakfast. Good breakfast. Great location for Dublin.

I hope this gives you an idea. Since I just got back, it is all current. We had a wonderful time.