Search

Cortona convent

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cortona convent

Has anyone stayed at Casa Betania in Cortona? We have tried to obtain info by e-mail for several days-no response. Plan to be there starting Oct. 21 for 3 days.
Any info would be helpful. (Usually we get responses for reservation inquiries the next day)

Thank you
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM

I don't know about this place but I wrote to a place in Chartres (France), similar situation. It took several days to get a reply. I think the internet is a necessary 'evil' in their work...not something they access all the time.
Good luck
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 03:25 AM

Welcome to Italy!
In Italy (i.e. in "real" Italy, where the rules are not entirely dictated by internationally oriented tourism), nobody answers any email, very simply because nobody would ever check it. The Italian means of communication is the telephone; so whenever you leave the more sophisticated part of the tourist circuit, you have to call instead of email them.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 03:56 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Is this the e-mail you used?
http://www.casaperferiebetania.com/contattaciE.html

Many times convents respond slowly. They may not speak English and have someone that does come in a couple of days a week to answer e-mails.

There are several other convents in Cortona if this one doesn't work out.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

All of your insight and experience is invaluable!! I will wait and see what happens.
kybourbon, I will try your link. It is not the exact e=mail we have been using-so I will try it. Thanks again-all.
Oh, franco, I do plan to call on Saturday-taking the time difference into account.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 07:13 AM

I stayed at Casa Betania in late October a few years ago. I think I was the only person there that night, so even if you can't get in contact via phone or e-mail, you'd probably be able to walk in and get a room. Cortona was very quiet at that time of year.