Reload this Page >

Strange but simple request for anyone going to Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:04 PM
Sandi

After our return from Italy in 2000 (where my son discovered Fanta orange soda) he has wanted to get an orange tabby and call it Fanta. He also came up with the idea of getting a bottle cap(that says Fanta on it) and use it as an ID tag. Weird, I know, but hey he could be wishing for stranger things. Anyway, all the Fanta caps that I've seen here in the States are plastic. If anyone is so inclined, could you put a metal Fanta cap in an envelope and send it to us? And if it came from Italy..that much the better!<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:44 PM
CAgal

Sandi, wouldn't plastic be more comfy for kitty?

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:47 PM
????

If one was so inclined to mail the cap to you, how would one know where to send it?

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:00 AM
sandi

Well, I'll provide my email address if someone would please let me know if they are so inclined. The plastic ones are just as hard as the metal. We were thinking that we'd try to flatten out the metal ones. My email is [email protected]<BR><BR>By the way...we did get the orange tabby after having to put down our cat of 14 years because of a major illnes.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:02 AM
sandi

Obviously, you email me and I email you w/ my physical address. Thanks.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:17 AM
x

This is a wonderful example of someone asking for 10 steps when 4 would work.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:34 AM
Christine

x, did it ever occur to you that maybe Sandi doesn't want to post her home address for the world to see? I think it's much smarter for her to give only her e-mail address for the time being.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:18 AM
dan woodlief

Sandi,<BR><BR>Another option is to see if you can find someone who sells old bottles. You might even check Ebay. You might find a metal top that way. Unless you want one from Italy.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:21 AM
Mina

Sandi, your son is very creative.<BR><BR>I won't be in Italy until Feb 2003. But if you have no takers, and the idea is still a valid one at that time, I'll send it to you. However, that's a long time away.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:05 PM
mike

as it was my ongoing effort to track down lemon fanta, there is a store in scottsdale that imports fanta drinks and i notice they have it in long neck glass bottles (w/ metal caps)..their link is:<BR>http://www.popsoda.com (imput fanta in 'search') but i can't vouch for them since i hadn't ordered anything..<BR><BR>on a side note, all the fanta drinks i could identify from my italy trip this past May have all been in plastic bottles..it would be nostalgic to see it in glass again..<BR>

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to run the risk of topping this...to see if anyone is game to help me with it. We're just looking for one metal Fanta bottlecap. <BR><BR>My email address is [email protected] if anyone is inclined to help..drop me a note and I'll give you my address. Thanks!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 02:47 PM
brownie

Sandi,<BR>I will be in Rome later this month. If I find a Fanta cap I'll email you when I return.

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 08:21 PM

I'd love to know how someone will email a Fanta bottle cap. If you still need one in May, I'll get you one and snail mail it to your house.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 04:53 AM

Same offer - I'll be there in April.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 05:02 AM

Mark,<BR><BR>I'm not asking anyone to email the cap..silly. If you'll email me a with your willingness to do this then I'll give you my physical address. Just drop the cap in an envelope and mail it to me. Thanks so much for the couple of responses I've rec'd so far. My son will be thrilled.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 05:47 PM

Sandi:<BR>Brownie said she would email you the cap, that is what I was referring too. My offer still stands though, if you still need a cap in May, I'll hunt one down for you.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 05:49 PM

I just reread Brownie's post. The post said Brownie would email you if a Fanta cap was found, not email you the cap.<BR><BR>I ought to get some sleep. Again, the offer still stands.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 07:21 AM

Sandi:<BR><BR>Your post reminded me that when my youngest son was 7, he took his first trip to Switzerland and Italy. The one thing that he collected on this trip was metal bottle caps. For some reason, he was intrigued by them and everyone was happy to give them to him. (He had a field day at cafeteria-style restaurants where there was a bottle cap remover at the end and a bucket-full of bottle caps!)<BR><BR>Well, I just found his collection (he's now 12) and I'm sorry to say that not one of them is a Fanta cap. I thought it was worth a try for you.<BR><BR>Best of luck.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 08:44 AM

Sandi,<BR><BR>If no one comes through with an &quot;authentic&quot; Italian fanta orange bottle cap, keep an eye on E-bay (as was suggested in a prior post). There are quite a few bottle caps currently being auction. Two are fanta - but are from Ecuador &amp; Peru - the say &quot;Fanta naranja&quot;.<BR><BR>Best of luck!
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:20 AM

Sandi...<BR><BR>I offered before, and am in Europe now. I leave for Italy tomorrow from Vienna. I'll keep my eye out.<BR><BR>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -