Corsica?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Brandonfs

Corsica?

Will be in Europe for 5 weeks in sept. and oct., I have heard great things about Corsica. Is it difficult to get their by ferry and is it worth my time to explore this island. I am in my mid twenties and traveling with my wife, thank you for your help.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Dominique

I have never been myself personnally (being a continental Frenchman, I am not sure to receive the best of welcoming committees there... ), but I've been told it's fab, unspoiled (the good side of Corsican terrorrism is that it systematically blows up all villas too close to the sea and whose owners refuse to pay the "revolutionary tax"), and September/Oct will be nearly tourist free with a still balmy climate

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Jan

Do make the effort to go to Corsica it really is beautiful. I cannot comment on the ferries as I flew there on the two occasions I visited but there are at least a couple of companies who sail there including Corsican Ferries and Moby Lines, (depending from where you are starting your journey). I personally prefer the south west of the island but if you are sailing from France and get a ferry into Calvi or Ile Rousse there is plenty to see in that area.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:49 AM
Daniel

There are ferries to Corsica from France (Nice, Toulon and Marseille) and from several Italian harbours.

www.sncm.fr

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Jo

Corsica is absolutly wonderful, we loved it but we had some difficulty finding rooms in hotels in early September. You will need a car the beaches and the mountains are beautiful. Very good if a little expensive french food
Enjoy..