Correggio in Parma

Search

Correggio in Parma

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correggio in Parma

It opened last Saturday and it will close January 25 the Mostra of Correggio in Parma.
It is located in several part of the town.
Every information at its website: www.mostracorreggioparma.it .

Vincenzo
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 06:19 AM

Thanks Vincenzo! We are going to be in Parma next month and are hoping to see the exhibit.

Any suggestions on places for dinner, lunch, or just to relax with a glass of wine?

Barb
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Ciao Barbara, I will go on Tuesday September 30.
As soon as I come back I will post you also about dine, even I have already several tips, but I prefer to use myself as an update test.

Vincenzo
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 07:38 PM

Thanks. I'll look forward to your report. We'll be in Parma Oct 12-17 and hope to see some of the Correggio exhibit on the 15th.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

I just came back from Parma and from Correggio mostra.
It is a masterpiece and I could still cry, as really I was moved, to tell you how it is wonderful.
It is a backjump to the late XV and early XVI century in this part of Europe where arts were very important.
Please, take the longest time you can because it deserves and, you have to know, the mostra in in more than only one location, even the main is Pilotta.
What it is important, IMO, is to try to understand the historical period to be sure to appreciate the genius of Correggio.
About restaurants, as I was with a friend of mine who is authentic "parmigiano" meaning born in Parma, not the cheese, I was lucky enough to dine out and, this time, my experience was at I TRI SCIOCHETT, NOT in the historical center of Parma but, IMO, it deserves anyway.
To visit its website will help you: www.itrischiochett.it .

Ciao, Vincenzo
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 12:50 PM

This sounds pretty interesting. I saw the Correggio exhibition in the Borghese Gallery in June and wondered about the overlap. This link says that the Parma exhibition is larger than the Borghese one and there's some overlap.

http://www.italymag.co.uk/italy/emil...orreggio-close

I think the main attraction comprises the special structures built to allow the viewer to see three fresco series close up. Sounds exciting.
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 04:10 AM

Vincenzo,

Thank you for the report. We've been reading about the exhibit and are excited about seeing it. I do have one question regarding tickets. On the website, the tickets are for a specific time - I assume that this is for the exhibit at the National Gallery. Is that correct?

Barb
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Oh, yes. It is correct.
Anyway, yesterday it was not crowded and the obvious forecast is that it will be crowded during the week-end and the Christmas period.

Ciao.
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 06:55 AM

We are planning on going on a Wednesday afternoon so hopefully it won't be too crowded!
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 05:22 PM

How is this? I'm thinking of going to catch it next week.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 11:06 AM

Wonderful, terrific and well worth the time. We went last month. My favorite was the Camera di San Paolo while my husband's favorite was the dome at the Duomo.

We went on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and didn't find it that crowded. We were told though that large crowds are expected on the weekends.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM

I went the past Saturday. I took the train from Milan and when I arrived, tickets for the domes were already sold out.

But I got lucky. I went to the two churches and they let me up anyway (they did me a favor). In one venue they had even constructed an elevator to get to the Dome.

Get there early for the weekends or try to buy tickets online (I think it's possible). I was there around 11-ish am.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 04:47 AM

For a good restaurant we always love Trattoria Corrieri, on Via Conservatorio. We've been going for years b/c it is easy and always good. After some wonderful parmigiano and prosciutto try the parpadelle bolognese. Buon Appetito!