Cordoba and Seville Hotels

Old Oct 29th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cordoba and Seville Hotels

I am looking for suggestions for hotels in Seville and Cordoba. Nice hotesl, not necesarily the most expensive..good town center locations for sightseeing etc....
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 06:37 AM

When are you travelling? We stayed early this month at the Hotel Amadeus in Seville. We found it to be a delightful choice, charming and run by a lovely family who had thought of everything to make guests comfortable. It is in the Santa Cruz area, very well located for the major sights of Seville and is very reasonable.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 06:45 AM

Be aware that hotels in Seville book up far in advance if you are traveling there during the Holy Week celebrations so plan ahead and accordingly....as in MONTHS.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 07:05 AM

check out the Alfaros in Cordoba
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Will be there latter part of January..have rented a lovely apaartment in BenaVista (between Estepona and San Pedro) for a month mid Jan to mid Feb. Will take an overnight trip to Seville.

Also thinking about going to Cordoba, Jaen and Granada...have a reservation in Jaen at the Parador, but am wondering how much time we will want in Cordoba and Granada..can we do these 3 in 2 days..suggestions on best way to do them....
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 08:56 AM

If you want something less expensive than Hotel Amadeus in Sevilla, try Hotel Alcantara. The rooms are simple but it's a cute place. It's in a great area on a little side street right near everything (3 blocks from cathedral, a few from Amadeus).

Karen
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 09:01 AM

You will love the Parador in Jaen. It was magical. But 1-2 nights is enough.

We stayed at Adriano. It's brand new and has a good location. It was recommended by Maribel in her famous Seville file.
It's a **, but was not any worse than a ***** hotel we stayed at in Madrid.

2 days is a bare minimum for Seville and Granada. Ronda is another good day trip.

Check out http://www.charming-spain-hotels.com/en/
I booked 2 places there and both were charming, clean and cheap.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Are you saying 2 days each for Seville and Granada?? We have been to Alhambra in Granada, previously..What about Cordoba?? How much time in Jaen area sightseeing? We will be there for the night....The Cordoba, Jaen, Granda is one trip and Seville will be separate and unsure if overnight..waiting for input from all of you!!
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 09:57 AM

Hello gracejoan:
Here is a good site for Spain. www.sol.com
You will find lots of info with pictures of hotels from 1* to 4****
You will also get a good description of the hotel and its location and prices.
Other information on cities and towns is also available on the same site.
Hope this helps.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Are biggest problem is in how much time to plan for the cities....I guess that can be an individual thing....
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 10:36 AM

I suggest you check out bancotel.com or petrabrax.com. You can get really good deals on hotels in both places with them. We stayed at Conquistador in Cordoba and Hotel Fernando in Seville and liked them both very much--great locations, nice rooms, helpful staff.

Have a great trip.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 11:40 AM

Hi..we were in Spain earlier this month. We also stayed in the area you will be staying-we were between Marbella and Fuengirola in Calahondra for a week.

We stayed at the Hotel Amadeus in Seville which was very nice. There was a nice place just around the corner for a lovely breakfast - his counter was full of lovely pastries, fresh fruit, cereals etc and was cheaper than the bread-breakfast at Amadeus.
We also stayed at the Parador in Jaen. It was gorgeous and we loved it. However our meal was not very good. In fact it was quite awful. But the parador sits high up on the hill so not sure about eating in town and venturing up that hill after dark. We actually stayed at the Jaen Parador and then drove to the Alhambra the next morning and spent the day. We actually were able to spend 5 hours at the Alhambra and then drive to our timeshare on the coast and although a long day, very do-able.
Regarding what kaudrey said about the Hotel Alacantra - we used to pass it every day from the Amadeus. We went to a flamenco show right beside it (they share the same lobby) which was one of the highlights of our trip. I would definitely spend at least the two days in Seville. Since we didn't go into Granada city, don't know about it.
Do not miss a day trip to Nerja and Frigiliana - it was one of our favourite days.
Any more info, let me know.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 11:49 AM

I absolutely agree with canuckupthereathome. Frigiliana is a wonderful town! We found it unspoiled and saw few, if any, tourists but it was charming and the surrounding hills and view of the Mediterranean were beautiful. We stayed there at an inn - La Posada Morisca - for one night. The setting and the views were lovely and the inn is charming. I'm not sure about the end of January, though, it may be closed.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

While on the coast, did you take the day trip to Tangier??
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 06:28 PM

I also stayed at Hotel Alcantara. Very simple and clean. I absolutely loved the location, and for a student it offered a great price. As long as you're not looking for something big and fancy, I would definitely recommend it!

Very close to Cathedral, Alcazar, and right in Santa Cruz as well as near the Murillo gardens. Couldn't be easier to to go to the flamenco show downstairs either!!

There's an internet cafe almost across the street from the Cathedral, lots of tapas bars near the hotel as well as lots of little souvenier (although sometimes cheezy) shops. Everything I wanted to see was within walking distance of the hotel. I could have easily spent a week here, but I only alotted 3 days in my itinerary. Such a great city!