Copenhagen baggage storage?

May 31st, 2007, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Copenhagen baggage storage?

In early August my adult daughter and I will be coming off a cruise ship (another story) at 7 a.m., and our departing flight isn't until 3:00 p.m. We'd like to use our time in the city, not the airport. The problem is the luggage - just one bag each. Do we cab it to the airport and hope the baggage lockers there have been repaired, and then head back to the town center? Does the cruise ship area have a storage area? Travel agents have no answer. Can anyone else help, please?
May 31st, 2007, 02:34 PM

There are storage facilities at Central Station.
May 31st, 2007, 02:38 PM

Sorry to hijack this but ODIN, do you know if there is an ATM at the main station in Copenhagen?
May 31st, 2007, 03:32 PM

Cab it to the train station. Train to the airport.

I put my luggage in a locker at the train station in Copenhagen last year for DK25.

Tivoli is across the street from the train station. Don't miss it.

Got cash from an ATM in the station. There is also a Forex exchange office in the station.

Pack some food from the cruise ship breakfast buffet. It is VERY expensive, even for lunch, in Copenhagen.

Jun 1st, 2007, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

VERY very helpful, thank you both - of course the train station would be just where we want to be. And the breakfast idea makes perfect sense. Now with that problem solved, we can begin to plan our day. Much appreciated.

Jun 1st, 2007, 07:31 AM

Hopscotch,

Thanks for the info about the ATM.

We'll be arriving from Hamburg by train next month and I wanted to know what my money options were sice we'll probably take a cab to the hotel rather than walking.
Jun 6th, 2007, 04:55 PM

I would like to use the baggage storage at the Copenhagen Central Station. My largest luggage peice is 21 inches X 28 inches. Can anyone tell me the kind of storage facilities they have.... A check room? ....Lockers? If lockers, are they large enough for my luggage? Thanks for your help.
Jun 6th, 2007, 06:30 PM

abci9876,

My 14"x21" bag fit very easily in a small locker for DK 25 last year. You just might squeeze your jumbo in there. Otherwise there are larger lockers for DK 35. Lockers are downstairs. You might want to use the elevator.

Copenhagen has the old fashioned coin and key system but the lockers looked brand new. There is a change machine in the locker area. Instructions are in English.

Dukey,

The ATMs were, IIRC, in the west corner of the station, opposite Tivoli.

Whoops! Just checked my notes. A Whopper Meal cost 57 DK last year. My lunch was a tiny herring plate with a beer for DK 71 in a small restaurant. Brown bag it to Copenhagen. A pee in the station cost DK 5.
Jun 6th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Open sandwiches can be bought from bakeries around Central Station or inexpensive lunches are available in one of the department store restaurants eg Magasin. Failing that there are polser stands.