Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is there a Left Luggage facility or luggage storage in Copenhagen?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be ending our Baltic cruise in Copenhagen in the morning and don't fly out that night until 7:30. Where can we store our luggage for the day so we can enjoy the city for a few hours?

Ginny
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:04 AM

Was there a year ago and stowed my lugage in lockers in main train station - but i had to scurry to find a locker as all were full - be sure to have lots of change - if i hadn't i'd had to give up my locker to get some! In basement of station.
Old May 28th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

PalQ,

Thanks for the info! Do you remember how much it cost, by any chance? We will need it from around 9 a.m. till around 5 p.m. Any ballpark ideas of how much change it will take??

Ginny
Old May 28th, 2005, 07:18 AM
MNP

If I remember correctly it was 20 Kroner. (There is a 20 krone coin piece so its easy to use) I dont remember if the lockers at the train staion did this or not, but many of the lockers in Copenhagen will give you your money back when your done. If you can't find one in the Copenhagen central station there are also lockers at the "Osterport" train station which is two/three stops away from the central station and is very close to where you will be docking on your boat.
Old May 29th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

MNP,

Thanks so much for that piece of info about the other train station! I will look into it and keep it in mind!

Ginny
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

I am back from my trip and want to let anyone interested know that we ended up storing our luggage for the day in Copenhagen at the airport. They have lockers there, but they were almost full so we stored our luggage in the left luggage area that is behind a counter. There are several small rooms where they store the luggage and the fee was not that much for the entire day.

We then rode the train into the city and back again. Very clean airport and very clean and efficient train into the city!

Ginny