Cooking Class in Paris

Search

Cooking Class in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooking Class in Paris

I'm excited... this is my first post to these boards after reading them for years. I love to travel but can't afford to go often. I have taken my Girl Scout Troop to London one year, and 3 years later to Italy, Switzerland, Paris and London. Next summer (2007) I will be taking them again. This time we'll start in Vienna, then Salsburg, Munich, Amsterdam, Bruges, Paris and London. We do whirlwind trips with only a couple of nights in each place. We will be traveling by train. That's the background... the question is: My daughter (will just have graduated from high school on this trip) plans on becoming a chef. I would love to find someplace for her to take a one day cooking class in Paris. Any suggestions? Also I'll be back with many more questions as our travel date gets closer. We are using a group travel company for this trip.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:38 PM

My wifer's favorite (these are the cooking classes ones that she attends often):

Le Cordon Bleu
Madame Francoise Meunier
Ritz-Escoffier
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Just a little update on Madame Meunier's courses. I took one in February and truly enjoyed it, but it looks like she no longer offers classes herself. There's a note on her website (www.fmeunier.com) saying that as of July 1, the classes will be given by Olivier Berté. It's the same location, though, at 7 rue Paul Lelong in the 2nd. Here's the new website:

www.coursdecuisineparis.com/en/index.php

Anselm
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for this info. The class at the website is 100 euros for 3 hours. Is that about what I should expect to pay? I don't think it's horrid for Paris and a once in a lifetime treat.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 03:27 PM

GirlScoutMom, I just checked my Visa bill. That's what I paid for Madame Meunier's course, €100.

I thought it a very reasonable fee. The course itself was advertised as three hours, but by the time we finished our meal, I think four hours had gone by.

You can read of a description of it here on my trip report, although I can't really say whether M. Berté's class would have the same ambience:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34778071

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Anselm
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 09:11 PM

Maybe these two websites will help.

http://www.cookingschools.com/

http://www.atelierdeschefs.com/atelierEN.php