Connexion Bus Amsterdam

Search

Connexion Bus Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connexion Bus Amsterdam

Hi, does anyone know what time the last airport shuttle bus leaves the airport to Amsterdam? After spending 9 days in Greece, we will be flying to Amsterdam for another glorious 9 days, but our flight does not arrive into Schiphol until about 10:30 PM...We really like that shuttle bus because there is a drop off point only a few doors down from where we are staying...I cannot find a website and would really appreciate if anyone perhaps has the latest schedule..Thanks alot.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 12:45 AM

Looks like it stops around 2300, but the Schiphol 'Sternet' group of ordinary local service buses linking Schiphol to various parts of Amsterdam and its surroundings all seem to run at least until after midnight.

The Schiphol airport website is www.schiphol.nl
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Original Poster

I've been in the Schiphol website quite often, guess I missed that part...We just find it alot easier to take that bus than to haul all of the luggage on the train, then off, then have to catch a taxi to the hotel...It is certainly the best way to get into Amsterdam. Hopefully it will still be running when we arrive at Schiphol..Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 06:36 AM

We just got back from Amsterdam and took the connexion. I agree w/you, when you arrive tired, you don't want to lug your suitcases and have to figure out where to get off the train and then take a tran or expensive taxi to the hotel and I hear the train station could be a hassle. Our only problem w/the Connexion was that unfortunately we were the last stop (Ramada on Rusland near Dam Sq) and it took close to an hour.
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

I know what you mean by the last stop....You get a good tour of Amsterdam anyhow!! And I would rather that than blisters and strained muscles!!