Connecting flight through Copenhagen Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m flying from IAD into CPH arriving at 7:15am. My connecting flight to my final destination, Nice departs at 10:25am. Pending any delays on arrival into CPH, do I have to go through Customs and/or Security at CPH? If so, will I be finish in plenty of time to get to my gate for my Nice flight? How far apart are the connecting gates from each other at CPH? Is the CPH airport easily maneuverable?

Thanks for your inputs.

jdc
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:03 AM

From my experience at CPH you have nothing to worry about as long as you have no delays. CPH is rather small and with 3 hours you good to go.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:47 AM

Nothing to worry about as long as your plane lands close to on time. Copenhagen airport is small. I lived in KBH for decades of summers and have been in the airport a lot and have never had a flight problem. It's a very pleasant airport...one of the top voted airports in the world. Happy Travels!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM

Assuming that it is all on one ticket, you will have too much time. You will have to go through passport control at CPH, but not customs.

Going from gate to the transit hall shouldn't be more than 15 minutes. Some of the walks can be a bit long, but the airport is pretty well laid out. You will almost certainly not have a gate until closer to your departure time, but the gate areas are pretty spartan anyway, so you might as well cruise the transit hall. The transit area has a lot of shopping and a few restaurants, all sort of spread out.

Have a good trip.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for answering my questions.

Would the same also apply to the Vienna airport? I fly back home from Florence into Vienna. My flight leaves FLR at 7:05am arriving Vienna at 9:00am and leaving Vienna for IAD at 11:10am.

Thanks again for the inputs.

jdc
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 08:06 AM

<<< Would the same also apply to the Vienna airport? >>>

You wouldn't have to go through passport control as you won't have left Schengen - however you will probably go through additional security because you are on a US bound flight