Concert at the Eiffel Tower

Old Jun 7th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Concert at the Eiffel Tower

https://www.classictic.com/en/concer.../45325/671819/

Sat. Nov 2, 2019.......not too much info on the site.

Has anyone gone to a similar concert? Was all the time going thru security worth it?
Any reserve seating or just first come first choice?
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's another new idea they have come up with to develop concerts for tourists in pretty sites and charge a lot for it. It's the same group that does those Ste Chapelle tourist concerts. I don't see the point of this one that much, at least in Ste Chapelle, people are enjoying being in that room. Don't go for the music or performers, they are nothing special (that isn't a regular ensemble), nor is the repertoire, which does, of course, include Vivaldi's Four Seasons and "opera arias", which you can bet are not French.

It does seem to get you up in the tower, though, so if you want to go at night anyway, it will be paying a lot for that feature, but is one advantage. You do get priority access, the concert itself is in the Salle Gustave Eiffel which is only on the first floor. There is no reserved seating.

the website gives a lot of info and photos of the room. What isn't clear to me is if you are entitled to see the rest of the Tower with that ticket or not, as that is only the first floor.
this is current program, I think,
https://www.classictic.com/en/concer.../45325/671801/

In short, if you really want to go to a good concert, you can do much better in many other places in Paris, and choose better programming. This tourist concert thing at the ET only lasts bout an hour, so paying at least $55 for that is a lot of money. But if this type of thing appeals to you, I would want to find out if you can see the rest of the tower (I personally don't see the point of going to this just because it's on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower), but there is no reserved seating.
They have priority access for people with tickets to that event space, which holds about 300.

I think this website gives you a better idea and description of the process and how long screening etc takes.
https://www.theatreinparis.com/show/...concert-series
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Christina.....thanks for your take on it. I thought it might be nice in a pretty venue and not too long a concert for my friends first visit to Paris. At second look it doesn’t seem like the right choice.
I’ve been to concerts at St. Chapelle and Madeline and enjoyed both.
My girl friends are counting on me to choose a “fabulous itinerary where we can see the good stuff!”
Yikes! I think it will include a lot of wine.
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 11:39 AM

TPAYT, have you ever been to the Ile des Impressionistes/La Maison Fournaise? It seems hardly anyone goes there, but it's one of my favorite things to do in Paris, especially when showing around people who haven't visited the city before.It's an easy ride out there from central Paris, and you can have a nice lunch/dinner where Renoir painted Luncheon of the Boating Party. The setting is lovely, and there's a small museum on the grounds. Your friends might think highly of you for knowing about it and taking them there And of course you could drink wine

Restaurant Fournaise - Accueil
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

StCirq....that definitely is a wow setting and for our Sunday lunch it would be wonderful but it looks so far away from our hotel in the 14th. Also, it will be Nov. 3rd so not too sure about the weather.
one of my friends does not do real well with a lot of stairs so I’m trying to keep the Metro/RER to a minimum. No idea if you could get a cab there.
Anyway, I will definitely put it on my list for another visit? My husband would love it and he’d figure out a way to get there.

Old Jun 7th, 2019, 12:21 PM

TPAYT it's only about a 10 minute ride from central Paris, or you can take the RER, where according to the website there is a bus to the restaurant.

Restaurant Fournaise - Pour venir
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Could you get a cab to take you?
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 01:10 PM

I don't see why not. It shouldn't cost much, especially if split among several people.
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

I’ll definitely keep it in mind. With 3 of us the cost of a cab is a non issue. I still must consider the weather. On Nov. 3rd it could be cold & pouring rain or quite nice. Last Dec. we enjoyed lovely, sunny weather in Paris.
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 01:43 PM

Yes, weather could preclude you from enjoying the island, but the restaurant will still be there.

Whether or not you go on this trip or save it for your next trip with your husband, I think you'll enjoy it!
Old Jun 8th, 2019, 05:58 AM

Many thanks, StCirq, for that interesting (and for me, new) recommendation.

Last edited by MarnieWDC; Jun 8th, 2019 at 05:59 AM. Reason: spelling