comparing two ibis hotel locations in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a short two day layover in Paris. We often use the Ibis Cambronne, nearest metro- Cambronne but are considering moving to the Ibis Bastille Opera, nearest metro-Brequet Sabin or Bastille. We are traveling with our parents and want them to have the ability to leave the hotel and explore on foot. Basically should we give up the cambronne area for the bastille area to be near the Marais, bars, stores. Any input is appreciated.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:13 AM

sounds like a good idea to me,I think there is more around the Bastille area for them to see and do. Do your parents like to hang out in bars a lot? ha ha, that's what it sounds like, well, I think there are a lot more around the Bastille one.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:18 AM

i agree that the Bastille area is a very lively area commercially - neat markets, lots of cafes, supermarkets and specialty stores.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, Bastille is more interesting, but Cambronne is also an interesting residential and shopping neighborhood -- just no big monument there.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM

Have you checked various Accor brand prices?
http://www.accorhotels.com

It might be that you can get a well-located Mercure or Novotel hotel cheaper than Ibis - I was surprised when this was recently the case for me.

In any event, I think being near the Bastille metro stop would be more convenient for sightseeing than the Cambronne location.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I always check the Accor site before going to various cities and am a big fan of non-refundable "promotion flash" deals which have fantastic prices for the quality. But I have had my fill of quaint and charming hotels over the years, so I am perfectly happy with modern and soulless ones (but not all Accor hotels are modern -- a lot of city center Ibis & Mercure hotels are reconditioned classic hotels).
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:07 AM

I'm a huge fan of the Accor hotels. I always check out all their offerings in a city, and always the Novotels have been the best value. For a little more than the Ibis hotels, you get better locations, better amenities, and often complimentary full breakfast buffets that are super. The non-refundable, pre-paid deals are the best values.