Comparing Egypt, Cyprus, Turkey

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the last 2 weeks in October, I plan to visit one of these places. I have been to the Med Coast of Turkey (Antalya area), but never to Cyprus or Egypt. If I return to Turkey it would probably be to the Dalaman or Bodrum areas.

I have been hearing some good things about Sharm el Shiekh, Egypt. I hear Cyprus is interesting but very expensive.

For those of you who have been to two or more of these places (southern Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt), can you give me your opinions of them in a comparative sense. I am only interested in general siteseeing and not at all interested in nightclubbing, etc.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 07:08 AM

Hi 2Travel,

Actually they all have different venues and some in similar.
Egyp never been. Cyprus, if you go Northern part ( Turkish Cyprus ), which is less developed and more natural is quite cheep if you compere even to Turkey.

Aegean coast is also a good idea.

Northern Cyprus, Aegean coast and even addfew Greek islands can be a good combination of holiday. Me myself one day also go to Egypt...

Happy travelling.

Murat
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 07:36 AM

I have been to all three. They all have plus sides. But I agree, Cyprus is starting to become expensive.

Sharm El Sheikh is more like a beach destination with good diving. sights are
in the Sinai desert (St Katharine's monastery). You could also visit Cairo, but it would be better to make it longer than 1 night.

How about Luxor? LOTS to see and a little town with truly fun people. Then a train or cruise down to Assuan (or night train to Cairo). Maybe a couple of beach days by the Red Sea.

Or Istanbul. I really liked it. And then maybe a trip to inland Turkey, for example Cappadokia area.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 02:58 AM

Elina, have you been to Cappadocia ?
I live in Cappadocia and love here ( altough I miss the sea very much, where I come from
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:07 AM

I wouldn't go for sharm el sheikh; unless you are into scuba diving or snorkling; but there is hardly anything to be seen apart from miles of hotels along the coastline; they are usually large hotels where you can find everything for a weeks' relaxing holiday.
the st.catherine cloister is at quite some distance (4 hrs drive) if I remember it well.
I would choose cyprus ! it has got it all : culture, sea, sun....

enjoy whatever you choose !