Clothing in Florence

Search

Clothing in Florence

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clothing in Florence

I will be in FLorence in 10 days. What are women wearing there? What to wear so not to stick out like a sore thumb?
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:58 PM

just back.....elegant,just on the formal side of casual, cool evenings so lots of scarves/shawls worn with great style.
Seemed like a real mix but fitting perfectly, edgy fashionable depending on age. Camo is very big [ugh]. belts,great skin,intense eye make-up,either very pointed shoes or bowling shoes as walkers[thought they were over too]age seems to be a dividing line for body part exposure but not always!! a lot of the dolce and gabana mixed look.
short leather jackets,not a lot of skirts, few bright colored/artificial nails but good manicures, not much open toe/ colored polish. older women.gold chain, earrings ...small feminine.
My general sense was attention to detail,small touches of real flair but well polished put together look. Way too many college girls from new jersey buying and wearing every designer around while poorly groomed and hung over[ I thought this was pretty surprising since i thought we were in an economic slump].
I am pink skinned short and chubby but worked hard on packing smart and a tourist actually asked me directions and was surprised i was an american...so i felt ok about fitting in. I feel like it is not what they wear but how they wear it....very good quality, very thin, i do mean thin....an american size 4-6 is average. No cheap prints. Jeans and snakers but designer and new style sneakers[which is actually retro adidas]Really subtle make-up but always eyes ...lipstick and a sense of themselves as sexy and attractive. i always come home vowing to make more of aneffort to just look good...and that may be what it is ...they think about it
Old May 8th, 2003, 08:03 PM
hdw

I posted to your previous thread that was very similar if not the same. If you click on your name it will take you to all your threads so you can see the replys.
Old May 8th, 2003, 08:57 PM

Do yourself a favor. Hit a magazine stand and check out Vogue, Bazaar, and maybe W. Then check out your local favorite store, hopfully on sale, and think...simple, elegant. Get basics and save your$$$ to buy what you really like when you get there! The undershirt-shorts look doesn't get respect anywhere! Find fun stuff in Italy, Hopefully on sale and check out the department stores in the middle of town. Truth be told, nothing can beat the outlets in the USA!!
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:48 PM

Realtor
A brilliant observation, cannot add to it. I was there for three and a half weeks and also took note.