Clothes Shopping Paris (for Teen Girl)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter (a teen) and I are going to visit Paris this summer. She'd love to do a little clothes shopping, nothing too expensive. Does anyone know where some of the trendy places for French teens are? We already know about the department stores. I've heard there are some "young" boutiques in the Marais area. Any advice?
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
My daughter bought a skirt at the Kookai concession at Galeries Lafayette. There are also several freestanding Kookai stores throughout Paris, the locations are on their website. My other daughter tells me her French teacher mentioned Kookai to them in class.

I also second the recommendation for Cote a Cote.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 06:03 AM

On the top floor of the Printemps store on Boulevard Haussman is the teenage fashion section. They have lots of funky stuff and a whole range of brands. <BR><BR>Also, as others have mentioned, rue de Rivoli has a lot of clothes stores - such as the huge Etam shop, which has a huge range of stuff to suit all tastes (four floors!!). Kookai, Mango, Morgan and Nafnaf are other stores to look out for. If you are brave, you could try venturing into Les Halles - the huge underground shopping mall near Chatelet. I'd avoid going there at the weekend or in the evenings, as it gets very busy, but during the week, in the morning, it's fine. It has absolutely every clothing and shoe store you could possibly want!! But the layout is confusing, so you usually have to resign yourself to getting lost. When you want out, find an escalator and keep going up until you're back out on street level!! <BR>
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 07:06 AM

My daughter and I loved the shops along saint michel in the latin quarter like promod, etam etc, plus the places that are one of a kind, the prices were as attractive as the clothing!!! Deborah
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 07:48 AM

The Marais is definitely where you'll want to spend some time. I'll check my maps at home and tell you the areas you'll look for
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Thank you Thank you for the wonderful information---You are all terrific! I'll keep checking back but wanted to thank you for all the information posted so far!!