Close your eyes and remember...

Apr 8th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Close your eyes and remember...

Is there something special that brings back memories of a trip? A fragrance, a song, a taste, a sip, a photo?

I am listening to a CD by Tom Mullen and Tom Scullion purchased at EJ Kings in Clifden, Ireland- specifically the song, "Dirty Old Town". It takes me back to a special evening at the pub. Magic!
Apr 8th, 2006, 07:18 PM

LOL, yes, as I write this I'm watching a rerun of Monty PYthon on PBS and remembering my days in Liverpool and London with my friends there.
Apr 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM

My son took a photo at Keem Strand on Achill Island that he put on the computer as our wallpaper. Everytime I see it it screams "Ireland"! It's just the perfect blend of Ireland'; mountains, ocean, a rocky stream and an old building.
Apr 8th, 2006, 07:42 PM

"Dirty Old Town" will remind me of growing up in the North West of England which its writer Ewan McColl illustrated so clearly in the lyrics. Factories, chemicals, canals and dear beloved Salford...
It reminds me of how much I wanted to make a trip far, far away from there as a kid and thankfully I did until, for a number of reasons, I ended up ina dirty old town in Missouri. The song has come back to haunt me.
Apr 9th, 2006, 02:56 AM

My morning tea which is the brand I bring back from London each year.