Click Air Question

Search

Click Air Question

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Click Air Question

I will be traveling from Paris (Ory) to Barcelona (BCN) and then from Barcelona (BCN) to Rome (FCO) in June. I will be using ClickAir. Does anyone know what the baggage costs for checking-in a bag are at the airport? I bought the ticket through Expedia, so I did not have the opportunity to pay the 10 euro baggage allowance that Click Air charges in their own website. Does anyone know if the fee is higher at the airport? How much?

I would call them, but they charge like 1 euro a minute....money I would rather use for the baggage fee upon arrival.

Greatly appreciate everyone’s help!
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Also, do they charge for airport check-in? I know Ryanair does, but I'm not sure about click air?
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Hi I flew with them from Mallorca to Barcelona last Sept. I couldn't say about the extra baggage charge but my guess would be it will cost more at the airport. I booked directly with them. As far as a cost for airport check in, there was no charge when we flew with them. My experience with Click Air was positive and I would not hesitate to use them again.
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM

I found this on the clickair website. Seems it is 20 eruos/bag to pay at office, and 10 euros/kg overweight.

The passenger may pay 10 euros each suitcase and flight that he declares when he reserves his ticket on the Website or via the Call centre, and 20 euros per suitcase, per journey in the case of tickets reserved via the CLICKAIR office at Barcelona Airport. If the Passenger declares his intention to transport these suitcases after making this reservation, he must pay 10 euros per suitcase checked in per journey if the change is made via the Internet and 20 euros if it is done by any other means.

The rates foreseen in the above paragraph allow a maximum weight of up to 23 kg of luggage. Over this weight the passenger must pay 10 additional euros for each kg of luggage.

In any event, each Passenger may transport a maximum of 32 kg per suitcase (to a maximum of 50 kg in total).

The hand luggage allowed on board is one piece of luggage the dimensions of which (height x width x length) may not exceed the following measurements: 55 x 40 x 20 and the total weight of which does not exceed 10 Kg, except by government regulation or additional policy specific restrictions, which in all cases must be obligatorily complied with.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:34 PM

Seems it is not a good idea to book via third party on these lowcost airlines if later you get slammed with higher additional luggage fees that could have been avoided at airline's own website.

I had not thought of that. Good heads up for everyone.
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:25 AM

Dear nd5524,

I recently flew ClickAir Rome-Valencia and I also recall it was 10 euro online check-in or 20 euro at the airport or via the call center. Unlike Ryan, there are no extra fees for check-in or seat assignment. It's the discount airline for Iberia and they seemed very efficient and the nice thing is you can also get One World frequent flyer miles.
Old May 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:01 PM

lin, you make a really good point!

I just purchased a Click Air ticket online, discovering all the extra charges that you describe above during the booking process. I was able to save 20 euros by pre-paying the checked luggage fee for 2 bags online.

Online there's also a way to pay for a PREMIUM seat selection-12 euros for an exit row and 2 euros for an aisle seat.

Then there was the 8.50 euro charge to purchase these tix with my Visa. And on and on...