Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > cite des sciences--suggestions and guidance

cite des sciences--suggestions and guidance

Nov 11th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Original Poster

cite des sciences--suggestions and guidance

Can someone give me the nuts and bolts of going here, specifically how much time you have spent here in the past with your children, what exhibits not to miss, what to let go, approximate costs, etc. We intend to get the 3 day museum pass and include this place as one of our sites. However, that won't cover the 13, 10 or 7 year olds.

Where did you eat?

I went to the site and it looks like the costs will add up fairly quickly and we could conceivably spend all day here, which I don't think I want to do.

Thank you for all of your help!
Mary in Naples
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:04 AM

I can't speak for myself, but a friend of mine just was there some weeks ago and he was disappointed about the bad or not functioning of quite a lot of the experiments. his children are 10 & 8.
he seemed to think it was not worth the money.
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

While I am disappointed, that is the kind of info I need.

Thank you!
Mary in Naples
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:24 AM

We didn't have much time, so only had a fairly quick look around the main exhibits, and it is true that a lot of them were not working.

The Cite des Enfants, on the other hand, was great; my kids (age 10 and 12) loved that. We spend about an hour and 15 minutes there, but they could have spend longer.

We didn't eat there.
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!

Maybe we'll just do the cite des enfants and the submarine and then head off to another Parisian site.

I swear, I can feel myself overcommitting. There's just so much to see, and I don't know when or if we will ever return.

Nov 12th, 2004, 07:35 AM

kdk; I forgot to mention; the cite des enfants only lets in a certain number of kids at certain times; when we got there at 10.30, we could buy tickets for the 11.30 to 13.00 time. This is why we went into the regular museum first. I believe you can book these tickets in advance. If you want to go, check into this, since its possible that you get there in the morning, and can only get a ticket for the afternoon. Lots of schools go there too.

Search this Thread