Citadines Apart-Hotels Advice Needed

Oct 18th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Tricia

Citadines Apart-Hotels Advice Needed

Visiting Paris in Jan and looking for reviews of the Citadines Apart-Hotels, especially the Citadines Paris Les Halles. Good & bad comments welcome

Oct 18th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Susan

We stayed at Citadines Republique last February. It was fine, right down the street from the metro and convenient to everything. Also the neighborhood had a lot of interesting shops and little restaurants. We looked into Citadines Les Halles and decided against it based on info about the neighborhood that I got from this forum. We were traveling with 2 kids (11 and 14). I was told that the neighborhood by Les Halles gets a lot of kids looking for trouble especially in the evening and on weekends. We were very happy at Republique; and it was cheaper!

Oct 18th, 2002, 06:40 PM
GC

We stayed at Citadines (then "Orion") Les Halles 4 years ago with 2 kids (then 2 and 9) and it was fine. The nearby underground mall itself was seedy with young teens so I wouldn't go in there, especially at night, but the area is fine, active, lots going on, nearby subway and well located.

Have a great trip.

Oct 19th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Janie

Tricia,
I have booked the Citadines on St.Germain de Pres (in the 6th arr.) for a trip in early December. The location is fantastic, as you will see if you look at www.citadines.com.
If you send me an e-mail after December 10, I will let you know how it was, if that is not too late for you. I booked it through US Airways Vacations.

Oct 19th, 2002, 10:23 PM
daphne

In May-June of 2001 we stayed for a month at Citadines St. Germain in a studio apt. Wonderful location but the pullout sofa could have been more comfortable. Also, they seemed to run out of hot water from 8-10 am. This Sept. we looked at Citadines Les Halles. It is also very convenient, with lots of restaurants nearby, even reasonable chains like a good Pizza Hut and Hippopotomus. As someone said, it seems fine at night as long as you don't go into the Forum [which has a large, indoor swimming pool, by the way].