Anyone rent from Parisian Flat?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have googled Parisian Flat reviews and searched on these boards, but all I'm getting is generic reviews of flats in Paris, not those from the rental company called Parisian Flat!

I posted yesterday about some apartments I was looking at from Vacation in Paris. After reading all of the comments, I'm not as excited about any of those options. I'm now considering this instead:

http://www.parisianflat.com/rent-a-p...n-quarter.html

or maybe this from Paris Perfect:

http://www.parisperfect.com/apartmen...is/vouvray.php

Sorry to repeat myself, I did post these links again at the bottom of my last thread, but I thought I would repost with an updated title.

FYI, we are a couple with 2 children, ages 7 & 9. My mother who I posted about yesterday has decided to join us later in our trip so she will no longer be a factor. We are arriving at CDG at 6 a.m. in July and staying about a week before we continue our travels in Provence and the Cote D'Azur. We would like a short walk to cafes, restaurants, shopping, and to have at least some sights within walking distance. We know we'll be on the metro quite a bit to get to other sights.

Considering our early arrival time, I may consider renting either apartment the previous night to ensure that we can check in early. I know many of you would see this as a waste of money, but we are from the east coast of the US, and I don't know how my children will deal with the time change. I might decide it's worth the money to have the peace of mind that we could enter the apartment as soon as we arrive.

If we do rent from the night before we arrive, PP says they will meet us at 9:00 a.m. to let us in, meaning we will probably need to spend an hour or so in a cafe with tired children & luggage, which my husband and others on these boards think is not a huge deal. Parisian Flat said we can come to the apartment upon arrival if no one is in it from the previous night even if we don't rent the previous night, which makes me think they are more flexible about the time they will let us in.

The PF apartment is ground floor which I know is a dealbreaker for some. It is in a private courtyard which might help with privacy issues. It has bars on the windows, which is reassuring for safety issues. Someone mentioned the metro about another apartment and this is very close to the Cardinal Lemoine metro station. I wonder if that would be an issue here too. It has 2 bathrooms which is nice.

Both apartments seem updated and both seem to be in good locations.

I would love opinions on these 2 apartments, but also any general reviews from people who have rented from Parisian Flat. Of course the reviews on their website are all good!

Thank you!
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:37 AM
jgg

We rented the Rue de Villersexel apt from them a few years ago. We were traveling with our kids (who were 13 and 10 at the time) and my parents. I found Sophie and Philippe very responsive to all my e-mail requests before we left and very helpful while we were there. We found that the dishwasher wasn't working when we arrived - apparently it had just recently been installed and was done incorrectly, no one had used it yet. I called Philippe and he had someone come the very next day and fix it. We found the apt. comfortable and nice (loved having the washer/dryer) and just as the pics on their website. I had no problems with renting through them and would definitely consider renting through them again. Oh, and I remember asking them for the email of someone who had stayed in our same apt. with 2 kids previously so I could ask them some questions. Sophie obliged and I also heard only good things about Parisian Flat from them as well.
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM

We are renting from ParisianFlat for our Spring visit on the recommendation of a friend who has only good things to say about them. Our correspondence with Phillipe has been pleasant with fast responses to our questions...we are hoping it will be a great experience.
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 09:07 AM

In order to search correctly you should use the actual name in the URL so it is not a general search onm those terms (ie, "parisianflat.com") Someone named cw has written on Fodors about renting from them, postively. There is one review on slowtrav.com but not that apt.

Not sure what issue you mean about being close to the metro, that is usually a positive. If you are referring to my comment on the VIP apt near Montparnasse tower, it wasn't just being near the metro, but being directly on top of the metro line that is not a good idea (as it is noisy). It's kind of hard to know that for sure, I knew that about that one because someone said so on the website (in a review). That's a good area near Cardinal Lemoine metro. The metro line would not go under that location, as it is towards place COntrescarpe.

The website just says it is a private courtyard which doesn't mean much, I would want to know the security arrangements. Does that just mean it's not a public street, or does it mean there is a gate/door and entry is barred without a code or something. I think they mean the latter, but I'd check to make sure, as being "private" can just mean it's not a public street.

It looks very nice, although it is expensive, I think. It is confusing as they say it is the first floor, but I think they mean ground floor.

I like it a lot, and I've stayed in that area a couple times, one of my favorite areas of Paris to stay. There is something funny about the address (I assume that is the URL< they are saying it is 18, rue du Cardinal Lemoine). Because on the map they show, that cannot be the address and it cannot be near place Contrescarpe if that is it. 18 rue du Cardinal Lemoine is much farther north, near bd St Germain, actually. That address shown would be around no. 67 or 69.

I wonder if it is this building? http://www.ipreferparis.net/2009/05/...l-lemoine.html

If so, it does look locked and is very nice.

I can't find an address on the Parisperfect one, but it does say it is on rue de Rennes. That is a big, major thoroughfare, I would not want to stay on it myself, but it is on the fifth floor so maybe quiet enough (but cars will be going up and down that street, and buses, probalby all the time). But I can't see that it has AC, if not, I wouldn't rent it. Because then you'll have to keep the windows open. But it is certainly convenient to St Germain and Luxembourg Gardens, and the metro (and bus), so not a bad choice.

I think they are both good choices, actually.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 03:15 AM

We are also considering renting from parisianflat.com. How was your overall experience with them? The apartments look beautiful, but difficult to find recent reviews.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 12:03 AM

I am staying at the apartment on Villersexal right now. Very spacious, there are six of us. Two bedrooms with king beds and one with twin beds. Security wise, it is very safe - a front door on the street, a walk through a courtyard to another locked door. And one floor up to the apartment. It is a fairly quiet neighborhood but a few minutes walk to all of the action in Ste. Germain. there are two bakeries, a butcher, a wine store and cheese shop steps away as well as several good non touristy restaurants (definitely try Cinq Mars one street up). The apartment has all the amenities you will need and the washer and dryer made our packing much easier. It is child friendly and Sophie and Philippe have been great. My son came down with a nasty stomach flu and Sophie got a doctor to us within an hour.

I will definitely come back to one of their properties - well furnished, we lacked really nothing. Lots of towels and hot water and since we are here in the winter, well heated as well.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Thenkes,, sorry for not seeing this sooner. My experience with Parisian flat was fantastic. We loves the apartment, location and the service in general. We didn't have any problems so we didn't really have contact with them during our stay, but check In and check out we're smooth and easy and the apartment was as described. If anything we were pleasantly surprised to see it in person. If you're considering the apartment on cardinal lemoine, we loved it and the location was fantastic. We were right near place de la contrescarpe which was surrounded by cafes and restaurants and notre dame was a short walk downhill. Also near the metro and various markets and grocery stores. Good luck!