Reload this Page >

citadine in blvd haussman in paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:44 PM
chandra

I am trying to decide which citadine to stay in. So far, it looks like the one in blvd haussman. Good choice? IS it close to shopping? I will do lots of sightseeing but I wanna do alot of window shopping too.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Christina

I don't know the location of all the Citadines so can't say which would be best for shopping. I think they have some around the Louvre or Opera which could be just as good or closer (espec. Opera). That is a very nice location that you chose, but it's farther west than the dept. stores, around the metro Miromesnil stop (but on bd Haussman). It's near the museum Jacquemart Andre which is a lovely older mansion that houses a very good museum. It's a nice neighborhood. It's not far to shopping but I don't think that is peak shopping right within a few blocks. That metro stop which is within a block or so (Miromesnil) goes directly to the one near the large dept stores, though, within a couple of stops.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 09:46 PM
pc

Hi. I just returned from a Thanksgiving trip to Paris and stayed at the Citadines Louvre. My husband and I decided that this was a very enjoyable way to stay. We had a one bedroom that could sleep four--a separate bedroom, queen sized (and comfortable) sleeper sofa in the living room, a large bathroom with towel heater, toilet in a separate room, a small kitchenette with micro, 2 electric burners, toaster, mini refrigerator, and all cooking and eating implements. It has a tv with satelite stations alarm clock and cd player. No washcloths (I always bring mine just to be safe) but plently of towels. No maid service for less than 7 day stays. You can purchase maid service for 25 euros per day--we didn't purchase it for our stay. There is a washer dryer in the basement. The hotel is on the Rue de Richelieu (forgive spelling it is late)about a block for the Hotel du Louvre. We walked everywhere or took the metro. They have a website and can also be bought through different airlines (e.g. vacation packages). We used American Express--a GoGo Tour package--we paid about $670 each from San Francisco air and Citadines. They also have studios that sleep two. There are sites at a number of places in Paris and in Europe.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 01:46 PM
chandra

Since citadine blvd haussman is far from the shopping can anyone sugguest another citadine?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 02:12 PM
daph

pc -<BR>That sounds like a great price on the package of air and Citadines bedroom apt in Paris. I tried to find it on Go Go but couldn't. Could you please let us know how you found it? Thanks!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Christina

Chandra, I have tried to look at their choices and I think that the Opera Drouot or the Opera Vendome locations would be the closest to a lot of shopping, although there is really shopping in a lot of areas, of course. Both those Opera sites are close to the big dept. stores (Galeries Lafayette, Printemps), the Opera Vendome is VERY close to them, it is right near the Opera Garnier and would be the closest. The Drouot is more near the Grevin wax museum and the Opera Comique and Bourse and might be a little bit closer than the Haussman, but not much really--it could be closer to some other shopping like the Palais Royal. <BR><BR>I think you might like the Opera Vendome one (and there is plenty of window shopping on place Vendome).

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:22 PM
pc

Daph asked how we got our package over Thanksgiving for air from California and the Citadines. We contacted American Express and one of their representatives researched the package. We wanted to use American Airlines so that may have made a difference. I believe our package was cheaper than booking at www.AA.com

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Michele

We stayed in August with our two kids at the Citadines - Opera Vendome which was centrally located between the Opera and Madeline. The General Manager and all other employees made our stay so comfortable,<BR><BR>I believe that this is one of their newer locations. The facilities were perfect. I picked this location because of the A/C, daily maid service and location.<BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 06:56 PM
paris

I stayed at the Citadines Austerlitz in the 13th. It is right on the edge of the 5th. Very close to everything and really quiet.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:21 PM
MX

Wow, do I feel stupid, but since you do not know me anyway here goes. What is a citadine? Is is a brand of hotel like a BW or Holidya Inn? Soemone pleas take pity and clue me in!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:00 AM
Andre

MX,<BR><BR>It's a chain of all-suite hotels.<BR><BR>http://www.citadines.fr/ukindex0.htm<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 01:08 AM
bumper

We have stayed at a number of hotels in Paris - usually 3 star - but have decided in the future we will stay at a Citadines. We have stayed at both the Citadines Voltaire Republique and Citadines Bastille Marais and thoroughly enjoyed both. We would give a slight nod to the Bastille Marais because of the location, but the Voltaire Republique was also in a very charming neighborhood. Although there are only two of us travelling, we always opt for the one bedroom apartment for the extra room. Having a refrigerator for wine, cheese and sausage is an added plus.