Cinqueterre Cruise Excursion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In early September '08 our cruise ship is stopping at Livorno & a 7 1/2 hr.excursion to Cinqueterre is being offered which includes a 1/2 hour walk on a trail,a motorboat sightseeing trip & then a rail trip back to point of origin from La Spezia, & then our bus ride back to the ship.
I am looking for opinions to determine if trip is doable,worthwhile,too strenous from anyone who may have taken this trip or who knows the area well.
Many thanks.
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 12:30 AM

you might get better response by
registering gratis & posting here:

www.cruisecritic.com
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 03:58 AM

We are planning to do the same tour (different saildate). We very much want to visit Cinqueterre and feel that it would be easier to do with the ship's tour than on our own. That way we will be sure to return to ship on time! They do rate it as "strenuous". We love to walk, so prefer to do that than sit on a bus.
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 06:51 AM

That is too far to my tastes. I would see Lucca/Pisa and count your blessings. Also, very weather dependent.
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM

I would do the excursion. I have been to the Cinqueterre, but not on a cruise. The 1/2 hour walk is likely the same one I made, on a flat paved trail between 2 of the villages with fabulous views--not at all strenuous. I did the train between several of the villages and was also on a private boat travelling from 1 of the villages (Manarola or Vernazza, I think) back to La Spezia. The boatride offered spectacular views of the villages.

Pisa is interesting in theory, but is extremely crowded and is, in my opinion, the most annoying site in Italy; there are annoying hawkers everywhere.