CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?

Apr 4th, 2000, 09:40 AM
nonie

CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?

We are flying into Shannon and driving up to Dublin (9 days) in early May and are considering the drive/B&B package with CIE Tours. Would like to hear experiences with CIE and the quality of the B&B's. Any other drive/B&B packages suggestions would be welcomed!

Apr 4th, 2000, 10:23 AM
Cathy

Nonie,
CIE are one of the oldest tour companies inoperation in Ireland. It is the state run bus and rail company and they have years of experience and genuine native guides, check out their web site www.cie.ie

Apr 6th, 2000, 08:18 AM
Vicki

In response to Cathy's suggestion, I looked at the CIE website. My 16 year old daughter and I are looking for a tour to Ireland, for sometime in August. I, too, would like to hear from anyone who has gone on a CIE tour or any other tours to Ireland. On the CIE tours, do they allow you any free time to do some exploring on your own? Any information would be most welcome! Thanks

Apr 6th, 2000, 03:26 PM
Rudy

We took a CIE 9 tour of Ireland 6 years ago. We liked it so much that we used them for a similar tour in Scotland two years later. The driver is also the tour guide. They were both delightful. Hotels tended to be of the smaller variety. Almost all meals were included. A veteran tour traveler said that CIE provides the most for your money. There was not a whole lot of time during the day on your own. We were hoping they ran tours of Wales, but alas... Hope this helps.

May 21st, 2013, 02:24 AM

Anyone taken a CIE tour of Britain before??

Considering many different companies....but it seems CIE offers more and many inclusions that are otherwise optionals from other companies.